See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This place is very dirty from the ceiling to the carpets. The locks do not work, the air conditioners have never been cleaned, there is mold, had a bullet hole in the bathroom window, no fire alarms, and the front desk is very rude (in person and over the phone). The sheets were dirty and there was graffiti on the bed boards as well as the desk. We could not stand it and went to complain to the front desk, they told us that we had to stay the night and talk to the manager in the morning because they were asleep. When we asked why the place was so dirty they said because we had a dog we had that particular room. I would not recommend this place to anyone and I will never return here.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank liz g
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was unfamiliar with area and was passing through with my adult daughter. I was exhausted from driving all day and needed a room. We checked in at 11:00 pm on Feb. 15, 2014, and was given room 108, bottom floor behind the soda machines. The room had 1 king-size bed, frig, MW, and Dish TV (24”). The price was $60.50/night (Saturday) with tax included.

The room is large and appeared clean when we first walked in. However, we found the following problems with the room, but since it was so late at night, decided to stay:
~ The dead bolt did not work and there was no other manual lock;
~ There was only 1 light on the ceiling and no lamps in the room;
~ There was a phone on the nightstand, but it was dead;
~ There was only a bathmat and 2 washcloths in the bathroom, one of which looked very used. It had makeup and black smears – like mascara. There were no towels.
~ There was a used bar of soap on the shelf in the shower, leading us to believe that housekeeping neglected to clean the bathroom.
~ The bottom of the bathtub was not textured and was very slippery. The ceiling above the tub had been plastered several times and was cracked (apparently from the moisture).
~ There was no blanket on the bed, only a bottom sheet, top sheet, and a thin bedspread. Fortunately, the wall heater worked very well. There were 2 very thin, small pillows and a few burn holes in the comforter. My daughter found 3 long hairs on her pillow, front and back.

In the morning, since the phone didn't work, I had to walk to the office to ask for towels. I also informed the woman behind the counter that the bathroom had not been cleaned because of the lack of towels and the bar of used soap found in the shower. I went back to my room, and when a young woman came to my door, she only handed me one towel. I had to point out there were 2 of us, so she brought another towel. I repeated to her that the phone didn't work and the bathroom had not been cleaned, and she only stated that the manager wasn't there, but she would tell him about it.

About 9:30 a.m., a few doors down, there were 2 men knocking on one of the doors. They were pretty loud, knocking and saying something to the person inside, who did not open the door. They eventually went back to their pick-up, arguing and gesturing with each other, and left. They were wearing bandanas on their heads, baseball caps over the bandanas, baggy clothes - they looked like gangbangers. About an hour later, the woman was standing in her doorway, talking very loudly with someone on her cellphone, swearing and crying. The managers were outside at this point, watching her. The young woman who brought me the towels was sweeping the parking lot and sidewalk, and seemed to be keeping an eye on her, too.

Also, when we checked in the night before, the office door was locked, so I had to use the night window. However, the next morning when I went to get the towels, the office door was still locked and I still had to use the night window. The staff seemed to be decent people, but we felt uneasy with some of the clientele and guests. The housekeeping was terrible and the room needs some maintenance.

Date of stay: February 2014