• Room Service
Economy Inn(Antioch)
Expedia
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 June 2016

This place had the worst service. First thing was we found a old dirty diaper in the bedding and pointed it out to the owner who responded " I will take that" We have pictures of the dirty diaper. There was a black glob of hair in the shower tile, cobwebs in the shower, a big bug on the wall that was never cleaned off and dust that flew all over the place when I tried to kill a fly that landed on the shade. They did not replace the soap for the shower nor the toilet paper. The first morning staying there I had to take a cold shower. Apparently they turn the hot water off each night. We stayed there four nights for work. The tv did not work and they had pastries for breakfast. The last day I went to take a shower again and the water was cold so I got out and went to the front desk only to have them tell me they would light the pilot and it would be 15 min before water was hot. I had to get to work and then the shower faucet would not stop only running cold water. When I tried to explain it to them they yelled at me wait 1 min and refused to hear what I was trying to say. Apparently they do not understand English. The lobby stuck so bad with curry and incense I almost had to plug me nose. There was a drug ball in front of one of the room and the microwave looked like it had been stomped on by a gorilla. The rudeness of the owners was the most shocking and they must have thought they were in the hostility industry rather than the hospitality. They gave different rates to different people and most of the people there looked like they were from the ghetto or dealing drugs. When I asked for some compensation due to the lack of cleanliness, health hazards, lack of hot water, toilet paper, black holes in towels she said find another place. It was way over prized at $99.00 a night for two beds. We had to leave a night early and drive through the night because of the horrible service and rude behavior. Never again.

Room Tip: wall are thin so you get to hear the sex going on the room next door
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2015

I found myself without a room in Antioch until I located the Holiday Lodge. Was a little apprehensive until I saw the well kept grounds, blooming flowers, fresh room, nice tv and a very clean bathroom. The Holiday Lodge is the best kept secret in Antioch and a very welcome surprise. It is also very affordable.
The management was very nice and accommodating. I will be back!!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank markle2015
Reviewed 13 January 2015 via mobile

I stayed here because of a Days Inn booking error and they took me last minute. Front desk was cordial. My room was nicely furnished. Everything seemed to work fine. It's a cute economy motel but could be cleaner. Seems to be in an interesting part of town but there are restaurants and stores down the street.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here one night when I was having some work done on my house. The room looked as though it was a crime scene that hadn't been cleaned up. There was blood splatter on the wall, ceiling, floor, on the headboard, bathroom door and bathroom wall. I'm not talking about a few drops either. It was everywhere and a lot of it. There wasn't even a functional lock on the door. I wasn't going to sleep in there that's for sure. I will never go back there again!

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank Sandra G
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Wow!!! After booking the stay, checking in, the following morning, the owner (Pakistan gent) came to the door yelling at us that his Motel was NOT in fact, a pet friendly motel.

Other sites, "Priceline.com" and "Hotels.com" at the time of booking had it listed as PET FRIENDLY.

After being pushed out of the door, I was ripped off one night stay...

DO NOT BOOK! You will only regret it later.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family