“Shh it's a secret...”

Ranked #138 of 1,024 Restaurants in Anaheim
Neighbourhood: The Colony
Neighbourhood: The Colony
Reviewed 27 May 2016

This speakeasy is located on the bottom floor of the Anaheim Packing House. Once inside, you forget that you are even in the packing house. It is located behind a wall of pillows of some sort. The ambiance is much like that of a typical speakeasy type bar – dark, small, and live piano music to bring you back to that era. My husband and I probably had the best seats in the house, tucked to the side in two big comfy arm chairs.

First round: I ordered the tropical fizz and my husband ordered an old fashioned, as he likes to always order an old fashioned first as in his opinion a good old fashioned is an indicator of how good the other drink are made. Both drinks were very flavorful and well made.

Second round: I enjoy tequila, so I ordered the herradura old fashioned and my husband ordered the kathleen’s craving. Mine was quite strong, but good, if you like tequila. I liked my husband’s drink better. It was slightly sweet and smoky due to being in a smoked glass.

We tried to stay longer than 90 minutes, but unfortunately our table was reserved after us. Else we would have stayed for another round. Also, there is a photo booth just to the left as you walk in the entrance.

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed 4 April 2016

This place was worth it. Great small, dark atmosphere. Bartenders making flaming drinks with fresh herbs. We had the cherry cola brussels sprouts which were fantastic. We also had come sort of beef that was falling apart, it was so moist. Very delicious food and drinks. A bit high priced, but it's the whole experience.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 9 January 2016 via mobile

Very cool hidden restaurant in marketplace. The ridiculous part is they have a whole page of rules and regulations to eat there. I am not kidding its one full page. For example the place is very dark but you are not allowed to use your phone to light the menu. Won't be back anytime soon as a result.

Date of visit: January 2016
7  Thank ronald w
Reviewed 13 December 2015 via mobile

I was introduced to this little place by a friend that is a local. It did not disappoint! The Duck Confit Mac and Cheese is delicious and the Einstock beer is amazing - as well as the Pear Blossom cocktail. Staff was friendly and the atmosphere was chill. Totally recommend!!!!

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 30 September 2015

This hidden little gem is hard to find but well worth the effort. Located inside the Packing District there are no signs at all where the speakeasy is located so you really need to know where to look to find it. The entrance is hidden but there are some very subtle clues as to where it is. We talked to many locals who have been to this location and never realized that The Blind Rabbit was even there!

Now for my tips:

First - go online and make a reservation. I am not sure you can even get in without one.

Second - I highly recommend looking at the menu before hand (online) and deciding what you would like to eat unless you see well in dimly lit areas - I had a hard time seeing the menu while there, but luckly I had already done my research.

Third - they have a pretty eclectic and extensive drink menu. Again, do some research to decide what you would like to try OR tell the bartender, Andrew (who was amazing by the way), what your tastes and preferences are and he will make you the perfect cocktail. Prices were $12-$14 but considering the exotic ingredients in most and the quality of the cocktails this was more than a good deal. I have paid more for a run of the mill margarita and not been as satisfied. These cocktails are truly brag worthy. Again, our bartender Andrew put on a great show -watching him create these concoctions was really something. No flipping of bottles or flashy show, just talent in creating a drink the old fashion way - from crushing the ice in a bag with wooden mallet to slapping the mint and basil to garnish your drink.

Fourth - be a little adventurous - ok, ok, you are already in a hidden speakeasy in a highly populated area that many who live in the city don't even know exist, so you have proven you are adventurous. But try the Bone Marrow appetizer. It was delicious. Their food menu is limited but the food was delicious and not your average bar fare. We had the fish tacos (3) and and the burger and waffle fries. All were absolutely mouth watering. Portions were decent and the price was fair ($12-$14)

5th - Visit the photo booth. This is a great way to commemorate your visit here. Only takes credit cards but it takes 4 photos and you can print out in either black and white or colored. We choose the b&w.

This was by far our favorite experience so far in Anaheim.

Date of visit: September 2015