1,941 results
All reviews thomas circle rooftop pool spiral shower wine hour zentan restaurant front desk pool closes soaking tub chocolate covered strawberries white house yoga mat bottle of champagne logan circle mini bar boutique hotel king suite water pressure
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed 2 evenings. No hot water for shower in the morning . I had to take cold showers. Terrible. Stay away. No compensation because my room was prepaid. No effort to do anything else. Stay away. Stay away.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2018

It has been about a year since I stayed at the Donovon House but the hotel has become the benchmark at which I measure all DC hotels. I travel to DC for business on occasion and generally stay down near the Capital Hill but my normal hotel was booked up so I booked the Donovon House on a whim. Upon arrival, I was greeted at the front desk by a warm smiling face (I cannot remember his name) and when I gave my last name he greeted me by my first name instantly without looking it up in the computer. He said they had been waiting for me and had my room ready and that they had upgraded my room to a higher floor so I wouldn't be bothered by road noise. I do not have status at the hotel so this was a nice surprise. He told me about the evening social hour in the lobby and let me know if I needed any suggestions on nearby food to let him know.

My room was nice and clean. The room was larger than the room at my normal hotel which was nice as I often feel that hotel rooms can be a little cramped. The room let in a lot of natural light and the platform bed was very comfortable. The minibar was well stocked. The week before I checked in I signed up for the rewards program and I received a $10 minibar credit. Of course $10 at any minibar does not go far but it was nice to get a free bottle of water and a small bag of m&ms without having to leave the room.

The bathroom is well appointed with a large, deep soaker tub and a large shower. The shower is not a traditional step in but instead has an interesting spiral opening. The walls of the shower are an opaque frost that is open to the bedroom area. It is private but allows light in so the shower is not dark. The toiletries were high quality, especially the hand lotion.

Once my stay was over my checkout was easy and quick.

I plan to stay at the Donovon House again for future trips as I know I will be well taken care of.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor, you won't hear the road noise at night.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2018

My room had floor to ceiling windows, a soaking tub, and a shower that looked like something from Star Trek! It was great. Bed super comfortable. Loved the wine Happy Hour in the Lobby as I was checking in. Nice park nearby to walk my doggie. Will stay again for sure.

Stayed: May 2018
Matthew W, Manager at Kimpton Donovan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Hi Kim K,

Thrilled you loved our space age cocoon shower, as we call it. Pleased our location worked out for your dog as well.

See you soon,

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I've stayed in this hotel a couple times, once for an extended period. The decor is chic and modern; not quite to my taste but kept up well. Housekeeping is great, bed is comfortable, and nice views beckon from many of the rooms. I enjoyed hanging out by the rooftop pool during the day, but listen to the other reviews: not a great place for low-key fun during the evening when it's opened to the public. The Donovan wouldn't be my choice again, not because of any particular defect, but because I don't love the location or the sleek leather-clad aesthetic and because I think I can get better value elsewhere.

The service, however, was as exemplary as it is in all of my favorite Kimptons. During the long-term stay we were able to work with the headquarters tech folks to get the nice big television hooked up with our apple TV - this was too much of an effort for a short stay and required the intervention of an offsite staff member, but it was really nice of them to go through the extra hassle and well worth it for the time we spent there. I also worked with the staff in the hotel to deliver birthday gifts to a hotel resident while I was far away and the whole endeavor went off flawlessly with their help.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello Sally M,

We certainly appreciate everyone has their own design tastes, but pleased to note you found happiness through the excellent service provided by our team. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2018

The hotel was a bit pricey for what you get. The room was small and ultra modern. The main reason I stayed was because it was dog friendly - and they lived up to that name providing doggie beds and treats for no extra charge.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi ds0406a,

I am pleased you found us to be pet-friendly and hopefully you made good use of Thomas Circle to walk your furry friend.

Regards,