2,585 results
All reviews rural society white house nice hotel room service few blocks mini bar within walking distance hotel restaurant sight seeing national mall fitness center valet parking metro stop dupont circle loews concierge lobby
Reviewed 15 July 2018

The Madison was once a Loews Hotel, and back then it was fantastic. I once stayed here for a few months straight. Now it is a Hilton, and just absolute garbage. DC has plenty of other options. Don't waste your money ad the Madison, you'll just be frustrated.

When I checked in last night, I just wanted to check a few work things online, get some room service and get to bed. But the internet wasn't working when I got to my room. I called the front desk, who told me that they would have to call the company who handles internet issues for them. IT TOOK THEM 1 HOUR to solve my connection issues. This is 2018, internet issues are not that complicated! But they feel it necessary to save a few dimes by having an incompetent third party company handle tech issues.

I then went to the restaurant, which is supposed to close at 11pm, but at 10:45pm I was told that they are no longer serving food. I then tried to call room service (before 11pm) but no one answered the phone. So I went to bed hungry!

I then tried to open the minibar so I could at least have a snack. But it was locked. I called the front desk, but they never sent someone up to open it. I then called back, repeatedly, but no one was able to fix the issue.

When I woke up the next morning, the sound of jackhammers and other construction equipment filled the room, and the halls. It was so loud that I couldn't even do work in my room, which was the main reason for being in DC. I told the front desk, who gave me one of those practiced, vacuous apologies that they seem to teach hotel workers these days, and moved me to another room, where the noise was just as loud.

If you ask to speak to a manager, you never get one. At best you get connected to some lowly junior supervisor with practiced excuses and no ability to resolve your issues. And that's after you just get passed around to countless people and put on hold (and hung up on), without resolution.

All that for $300 a night! They like to pretend that they are a classic hotel where presidents once stayed. I would put the world's worst dictator here.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank 731jason
PaoloPedrazzini1, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear 731jason,,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments about your recent stay with us. I have shared your feedback and concerns with the Front Office Team, Restaurant and Room Service Team to identify areas of improvement with the level of service you have received.

We apologize that your stay was less than perfect. We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve our hotel. We apologize if the construction caused any inconvenience throughout your stay.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Hotel has a great location, amazingly friendly staff who accommodated the room (thanks for the upgrade) for my 15 month old daughter and her needs! I cAn not thank you enough and the hospitality was awesome! My wife and I will most definitely stay here again. My aunt who is a travel agent recommended and it did not disappoint, let her know right away not to hesitate putting future clients in at this hotel! Thanks again!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
PaoloPedrazzini1, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Bktraveller92,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments about your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the location and easy transportation was a perfect fit for you.

We look forward to welcoming you again to The Madison to continue to show our level of service and hospitality to our guest!

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Overall very nice however upgrade was not worth the cost. Good convenient location. Staff was friendly, hotel and room were very clean. Was not pleased with the check in process. Air conditioning in the hallway didn't seem very cool.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Bnghorner,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments about your recent stay with us. I have shared your feedback and concerns with the Front Desk Team to identify areas of improvement with the check-in process you have received.

We are happy that our Front Desk Team greeted you with a warm and friendly smile. We apologize for the inconvenience throughout your stay. We really hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again at The Madison with our new and improved amenities we have to offer to our guest.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We booked this Hotel via Tripadvisor and had an amazing deal
The room was totally unexpected It was huge 2 mega comfy queen beds a giant TV great bathroom and a great location The manager and front desk were witty friendly and knowledgeable

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank LadyCinctus

Dear LadyCinctus,

We are happy that our Front Desk Team greeted you with a warm and friendly smile. We take pride in knowing our neighborhood so we can share our knowledge with our guest.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Beds were terrible. Expensive parking. Expensive meals. Under Construction. Was there for 4yh of July festivities. Location was great walking distance to everything. Would think they would complete renovations or hold off on renovation noises during this holiday...

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear btennison64,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments about your recent stay with us. I have shared your feedback and concerns with the Housekeeping Team, Valet Team, and Restaurant Team to identify areas of improvement with the level of service you have received.

We are happy to hear that the location and easy transportation was a perfect fit for you. We apologize that your stay was less than perfect. We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve our hotel.

We hope your enjoyed your 4th of July Festivities while you were with us. We apologize if the construction caused any inconvenience throughout your stay. We really hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again at The Madison with our new and improved amenities we have to offer to our guest.