1,493 results
All reviews lafayette park white house lafayette room lafayette restaurant john's church basement bar turn down service beautiful hotel room service top floor jefferson memorial concierge service luxury hotel office building junior suite the entire staff four seasons
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Everything you could think of is right here at the Hay-adams. They had a set of bikes out each morning for you to ride. However we didn't really get a chance to do so. This hotel is close to everything! It made our trip better. Literally it was 5 to 15 mins away from every museum. My family and I stayed in Washington because of my graduation in Maryland. Customer service is through the roof! Valet had made a mistake on the arrival of our car and the deducted a day from our stay. Talk about Won't He Do it! I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Everybody was so nice and the bar downstairs was awesome. Another thing, someone had a graduation party there and the walls are so sound proof that you can only here the music when you pass by the room. My hubby and I was downstairs at the bar and you could not hear anything but the bar room music. I love this place. Oh and the rooms were very nice. Old but elegant.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank jennifertyler80
Reviewed 7 August 2018

My wife and I visited some friends in DC and stayed overnight. Last summer we did Trump Hotel, and while that was great we wanted to try something different. The Hay-Adams did not disappoint in its decor or in quality of service. It's beautiful in a much different way than Trump Hotel; it is less glitzy, more stately and refined. The view of Lafayette Park was relaxing, and we could also see the Washington Monument and even the Jefferson Memorial from our particular room.

We wanted to love this place, but I barely slept a wink because the bed was actively painful to lay on for long, beautifully decorated though it was. I tossed and turned all night and arose early in the morning with a sore back. Though I was tired, I just couldn't lay there any longer.

We shared this with the front desk, and were told that management is aware of the problem and that plans are in the offing to replace all the beds in the near future. We won't be back unless the beds are replaced.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Well, I must say I have not been to DC since I was a teenager and I had not looked forward to this business trip other than to have drinks with a friend who recently moved there. So after a lot of research, I chose to stay at The Hay – Adams, aka “The Hay” and I am glad I did! What a first-rate experience from my first day to my last. The team at The Hay is well polished, and so is the hotel, the check-in process was flawless, I walked away amazed at how wonderfully polite and warm the front desk staff is there at the hotel. Come to find out; all the staff is splendid! I never even saw the housekeeping staff but my room was always perfect, and the bed was amazing.

The hotel bar “Off the record” is a cozy place with bartenders that will take the time to hand stuff olives with blue cheese if they are out, and do it with a smile. Also, the food at the Lafayette Room was excellent, though I only had breakfast and one lunch there.

The best part of my stay is a room with a view of the White House across Lafayette Park; I truly had no idea you could have such an amazing unobstructed view of the White House.

Thank you to the team at the Hay – Adams for making my DC trip a memorable one that I want to do again soon!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank NR_Traveler
Reviewed 3 August 2018

What a grand old dame. Wonderfully comfortable old hotel separated from the White house by Lafayette Square.

My room was ample and, for those of you who have read my other hotel reviews, the shower was incredible, the standard to which I compare my lodging.

Breakfast at the hotel's Lafayette Room was a bit pricey but the exceptional service zeroed it out.

Then there was the bar; Off the Record had me fantasizing of a Prohibition Era Speakeasy. The doorway was kinda hidden and small, down a narrow stairway. Not terribly large but really busy. Loved it. Note the artwork...

Speak to the Concierge about getting a nighttime view of the White House from the top floor of the hotel. Spectacular!!

Back to haunted... Remember, this is a really old building, built in 1928 and the floor creaked as I was walking to my room. I wondered what/who could really be hiding around the corners. Was it Clover? Stay off the 4th floor...

Room Tip: Any floor but the fourth...
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephen K
Reviewed 3 August 2018

We have stayed at wonderful hotels around the world and I would rate the Hay-Adams among the best of them. Much of what is behind this praise is the way in which their delivery of consistent quality and value is consistently understated. Every single staff member we interacted with was friendly, professional and very helpful - from greetings each morning on the way out for an early walk or a return at anytime throughout the day, to the quick replacement and apology for an ironing board that had so many creases on its cover that ironing wasn't really going to improve the status of a traveled shirt, to a fantastic meal delivered with the perfect blend of formality and cordiality. An early morning that "required" an espresso and a nonfat cappuccino was met with a complementary creation of both to bring back to the room without a touch of condescension or upset. Location is great, visiting their bar/lounge Off the Record, was perfect at the end of a couple of the days.

Room Tip: We had the dreaded room next to the elevator - we did not ear anything during our 5 night stay.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple