All reviews rooftop pool premier spa suite front desk pool closes whole foods wine hour executive king logan circle huge tv lots of great restaurants great boutique special thanks boutique hotel city view walking distance favorite hotel bars and restaurants
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

I love kimpton hotels but this is definitely my favorite one. I initially had a reservation for hotel rouge but there was some trouble with hotel tonight's website so I had to choose another hotel. I was kind of upset, but Frenchy at the front desk was very helpful. She did her best to make sure I was satisfied with my stay, not to mention she has really great customer service. The hotel is really modern and newly renovated so I had no complaints. The mini bar has everything you need, and there are lots of food choices in the area. There's also an amazing rooftop pool & bar and a restaurant in the lobby. I just love everything about this place❤️
I'll most definitely be returning very soon. Great job guys ! Keep up the good work

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dennisha1
DontePJohnson, General Manager at Kimpton Mason & Rook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2016

Thank you for staying with us and for posting this awesome review. There are some outstanding hotels in DC. So this is very high praise and I look forward to sharing it with our team. Frenchy does an amazing job. So, it's great to see that she was a standout during your visit. Come see us again soon. We'll take great care of you.

Reviewed 25 June 2016

A fan of the Kimpton brand, I was really excited to check out this new one. We stayed and hung out along the popular 14th Street area which the hotel is right in the middle of. The decor is beautiful throughout the whole hotel, the staff is very friendly and helpful with anything you might need, and the rooms are huge for a city hotel! Plenty of room to spread out, and my boyfriend loved the 65-inch TV. (Personally, I enjoyed the rooftop pool much more than the TVs.) Also really loved the local beer and spirits in the mini bar and cool touches in the hotel like being able to borrow a Shinola watch...for free. (Where else can you do that??) Downstairs, you simply MUST checking out the new bar, Radiator, with really fun cocktails and food (try the lamb belly tacos) and a nice outside patio. Would highly recommend this spot to anyone visiting D.C. in the future.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaclyn R
DontePJohnson, General Manager at Kimpton Mason & Rook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2016

Thank you so much for this review. It sounds like you had a real Mason & Rook experience. From the 65-inch TV to the awesome neighborhood to the soon-to-be world renowned Lamb Belly Tacos you really did it up. Well done. The Shinola partnership is the coolest thing ever. I just came back from their block party up the street and I'm thrilled to introducing their products to our guests. Come back to visit again soon. We'll take great care of you.

Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

Attended the Society of Human Resources Management Conference is Washington DC from June 17 through June 23, 2016. The conference had a group of hotels listed for housings and there was no availability when I attempted to make my reservations on May 13th. MASON AND ROOK was added to the housing group. I never heard of this hotel. I live in the United States Virgin Islands and we have some the the finest hotels. Although the cost was pricey, I was pleasantly surprised. Frenchy, the young lady at the front desk was awesome. I joined their Karma Club membership and received a discount on my stay, and a one time $10 discount card at the bar in my room. The hotel had a free wine tasting from 5 to 6 for guest everyday. Most of the DC sites are in walking distance from the hotel. The room was excellent. Internet access is not free. However, if you are a Karma Club member it's free. This hotel was just renovated and it was awesome. However, it was pricey and I will need to rethink staying there should my family want to visit DC again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I can't wait to share your feedback with Frenchy. She loves chatting it up with each guest that walks through our doors. It's great to hear that you were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is certainly not the least expensive in the city. We're also not the most. The good news is that we always have really exciting special offers available on her website. If you want to come back for a family vacation just let me know. Well take great care of you. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

The central location of this hotel can't be beat. Most places you will want to go in DC are a short journey from here. I stayed here while attending a conference at the Convention Center in mid-June. It's a nice 15 min walk from the convention center. Sights, shopping and restaurants are also close. The room was a nice size, especially for a city hotel, with one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in. The decor is lovely. The courtesy and service of the staff is excellent. I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to DC for business or pleasure! I had a second floor room with a lovely view of the dumpsters and alleyway in the back, but there was a nice blind that allowed a good amount of light into the room while blocking the not-so-great view. It was a nice touch and allowed me to forget about the view when I was in the room.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank pjzimmerman
DontePJohnson, General Manager at Kimpton Mason & Rook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

Thank you for staying with us and for taking a moment to post a review of your visit. I'm glad you loved the neighborhood and you were well taken care of by our team. The next time you're headed this way I'd love to hear from you to ensure we get you into a room on the front side of the building. Our goal is to provide each of our guests with an experience worthy of a 5-star review. Hopefully, with a better view we can get there next time around.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

After living in Washington for several years, location is really important to us when we visit. As such, I was excited to see a new Kimpton hotel located near 14th street. The front of the hotel and the lobby are great! The front desk people were very nice. We did not eat at the restaurant (Radiator) or go to the rooftop but the restaurant space and outdoor patio look awesome. We were happy to be within walking distance of everything on 14th street and easy Uber distance to Reagan national and other areas of town like Shaw. A few downsides: our room was spacious with a great bathroom but our view was out to a bunch of dumpsters and it was VERY loud on Saturday morning (this was even worse because we'd been out entirely too late the night before). Another downside is that with the rooftop bar, the place gets a little crazy at night. Big groups of people going up and down. This didn't really bother us but just something to note. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
DontePJohnson, General Manager at Kimpton Mason & Rook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2016

As a native Washingtonian I'm always thrilled to have the opportunity to welcome guests to this awesome neighborhood. 14th Street was once DC's best kept secret and, much like buzz around the hotel, word is getting out. I'm really sorry about the noise from the trash pickup and the traffic from rooftop guests. We'll get that figured out. For us a 5-star review is the only passing score. So, we'll be sure to get this resolved for our future guests including you when you return. Thank you for sharing your experience.