2,195 results
All reviews library of congress capitol hill supreme court eastern market second building great location main building catholic church continental breakfast within walking distance small kitchenette residential neighborhood national mall yogurt pennsylvania avenue wine hour metro stop
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

These folks go the extra mile to make your visit wonderful. The location can’t be beat and every room I’ve had is great- comfortable, quiet, spacious and super clean. Free wine in the evening, free breakfast in the morning, and the Library of Congress right around the corner. Can’t be beat.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Phillip M, Assistant General Manager at Capitol Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Hello Jody D,

Thank you for making the time to share your feedback! I am glad that you experienced most of our hotel amenities including the daily evening wine hour and the continental breakfast in our East building.

Reviewed 16 October 2018

Convenient location in Capitol Hill. Easy walk to Washington Mall and museums. Lounge area nice, breakfast pretty varied. Staff overall very pleasant and helpful. Elevator did stall on us once, a bit scary!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello stapletonjo5,

Thank you for making the time to share your feedback! Another easy way to get around the city would be by using our bicycles that are available as long as the sun is up.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Spent a weekend in D.C. And stayed in the Capitol Hill hotel. Although it was a bit difficult to navigate the roads to find the place, once we arrived, the staff was super friendly, accommodating and very helpful. Valet parking for our vehicle was simple and pleasant. The lobby was full of comfy places to sit and wait for our friends meeting us. Next to the lobby is a library area with coffee, tea, juice,etc. available all day. The room was pleasant. Nothing super opulent, but very clean, comfortable, and had everything we needed. We would definitely stay here again if we're in the area.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Ann R,

Thank you for making the time to share your feedback! I am happy to hear that valet parking was easy to use. We are right next to the Library Congress and blocks from the Capitol Building. We are conveniently located and away from where most hotels are in D.C.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Poor, they overcharge for wi-fi (they state that th ewi-fi is free, but charge you) and "deposits"; poor and monotone breakfast, unprofessional customer service, broken plates / china, small breakfast areas, old furniture, extremely old and non maintained baths, old and noisy air conditioning / cooling / heating systems. They charge / overcharge you for nothing.

Room tip: large rooms, poor service, overcharging practice, no receipt for charges
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello Julie T,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! I am so sorry for the challenges you have experienced. When you get a moment - please contact me at my direct line 202-448-2082 to discuss further regarding your stay at my hotel - or shoot me an email with the best contact number and I can give you a call.

Talk soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

The hotel staff, everyone from front desk, room steward, door man, wait staff, were soooo friendly and helpful. The hotel was a few minutes from the Metro, the only way to get around the city easily. And if you like to walk, like we do, the hotel is walking distance from so many major attractions. The buffet breakfast was varied, something for everyone. The hotel room had so many amenities, our favourite was the Keurig machine. I'd give the hotel an overall 5 star.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello S4173BSsharonw,

Thank you for making the time to share your feedback! Washington D.C is definitely a walking city and we are in walking distance to all the attractions on the National Mall.