All reviews union station irish pub postal museum dubliner bar great location capitol hill corner bakery circulator bus supreme court chain hotels great place to stay in dc capital building within walking distance an older hotel rooms are small street noise king bed
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

An affordable three star hotel with a comfortable mattress. Decor is nice. The location is ok. A short Uber ride from monuments, but the windows were facing an alley way. While there is a cafe within walking distance, I wouldn’t recommend going there. Some great places only about a 5-10 minute drive away. Small rooms, but considering the price I had no problems with that.

Date of stay: September 2018
David H, General Manager at Phoenix Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Thank you for your visit and pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here one night. Room was fantastic. Got an upgrade and the staff was very friendly. This hotel is updated but you can still feel the old charm from it. Awesome restaurant inside as well. This is a must stay at hotel with such a great price point.

Trip type: Travelled on business

I am so pleased you found the hotel so comfortable and that our staff were so helpful. All of us at the Phoenix Park and the Dubliner appreciate your business

Reviewed 10 September 2018

We were very happy with our room, and happy with the staff who were very helpful. We plan to visit again in the fall, The room is situated in a very good area you can walk to many museums and the train station

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank wcm129
David H, General Manager at Phoenix Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

So happy to hear that you were pleased with your visit and found our staff so helpful. We thank you for your business.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

This was the first time I stayed at the Phoenix Park Hotel. I chose this hotel primarily because of location. For half of my stay, I was going to be at a work conference at a nearby hotel, which had mixed reviews. Phoenix Park Hotel was within walking distance, was closer to public transportation (which would be better for my elderly Mom who would be traveling with me), and had much better reviews -- so I booked a room.

Boy was I glad I did! From the online reservation process to checking out, everything was superb!

When making the reservation (Queen Queen Superior Room), we made a pretty specific room request: "We would like a quiet room on a Lower Floor preferably away from the elevators and maintenance rooms." Since our plane was arriving a few hours before check-in time, we also asked for early check-in. Although they couldn't guarantee this would be possible, when we arrived they were able to accommodate all of our requests. We had the perfect location for us in the hotel - a third floor room, window on the alley side away from most of the street noise, and quiet for DC.

The service was fantastic through our visit. Because my Mom was going to stay in the hotel during the day while I was at a work conference for two of our five days of travel, housekeeping cleaned our rooms at the time my Mom requested. What top-notch service! This went above and beyond! The front desk staff always greeted us each time we came back to the hotel. Since it's a smaller, historical hotel, they have a smaller staff. We began recognizing individual staff members and felt like we were being welcomed home.

One of the best features for us was the fact that we had our own little fridge in the room to ourselves. We were able to stock up on food items for the week and save some money.

The location couldn't be beat. Union Station was only a block away where there is a stop for the metro, but also a food court and a Walgreens, where we bought a lot of our staples for the week. But the best part was the DC Circulator had stops nearby for three different routes. We could jump on that lickety-split and be to the National Mall in no time. When we had to travel afar, the front doorman was always quick to hail a cab for us.

I will say, the only minor issue I had was in the bathroom. We are not sure if they rushed to get our room ready, but the darker wallpaper showed white flecks (toothpaste?) in the area around the sink. I did wipe the walls down a little when we first got into the room to remove them. But otherwise, the rooms were clean and comfortable, the air conditioner was strong (heat indexes were 100+ that week), and the Beekman amenities were nice.

Our stay was five nights. After almost a full week staying here, I have no doubt we will stay here again on our return trip to DC!

Room tip: Call ahead if you need early check-in
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank angloculby

I could not have written a better commentary myself! We were delighted to host you and your mother and so pleased you both enjoyed your visit to the hotel and to Washington. We hope to welcome you back again one day in future.

Thank you.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Brilliant location, close to Union Station. Intimate and stylish. Rooms are well appointed and the reception service was swift and courteous. Huge beds and walk in showers. Ideal for a visit to the capital.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
David H, General Manager at Phoenix Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

We are so pleased you found our location ideal, our rooms comfortable and that our team looked after you so well. We thank you for staying with us.