“This is a great centrally located hotel”

One Washington Circle Hotel
Ranked #31 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is very nice and has a beautiful lobby. Our check in was fast and staff was friendly. The location of this hotel is fabulous. DuPont circle is wonderful. There are many restaurants and bars right around the corner.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Ross G, Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Bradford C,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we you come back again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,898)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I can see how this hotel could be a good choice in the right circumstance. It is centrally located and steps to a metro stop. The staff was friendly during my visit, the spacious room/suite appointed with many conveniences, and the bed very comfortable. My stay was pretty poor, unfortunately. First, while not necessarily important, the elevators were pretty banged up and my room looked like it was last redone in the early 80's. Everything was functional, but tired, and while I never saw any dust, I couldn't shake the sensation of dinginess. The real problem, though, was the noise. I was wiped out when I checked in late at night and just wanted to crawl into bed. I could hear voices from other rooms while in my room, and as soon as I turned out the light there began some sort sort of party/fracas featuring loud music, yelling and door-slamming. I felt like I was in the middle of a frat party. It was eventually dealt with, and I was finally able to fall asleep, but at 4:45 am I was literally shaken awake by some sort of jack-hammer-like vibration/metal clanking noise that felt like it was directly below my bed. Each repetition lasted only a second or two but the shaking continued at irregular but frequent intervals until I could check out several hours later. Once asleep I am a sound sleeper and even once slept through a tree falling on my bedroom roof, so this may convey some idea of the level of disruption the noise caused. I didn't notice much street noise, so if noise from fellow guests doesn't bother you, or you don't have neighbors who are there to party, this could be a good choice. But I left even more exhausted than when I'd checked in.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Ross G, Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Heather086,

I am very disheartened to hear that we are not right for you and that you did not have a pleasant stay. We try very hard to make sure noise complaints are handled immediately and appropriately. I am truly sorry and would like to speak with you in a little more detail about your stay. If you would please email me at rgoldstein@thecirclehotel.com, I would like to see exactly where we can improve for your next visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is nice, rooms are large, some have a full kitchen, and bed super comfy. All rooms have balcony which is a nice us. Location is in the washington circle one of the best neighborhoods in DC. You are 15min close to everywhere. They even have a delivery service from Trader Joe’s, the local supermarket. On the downside, windows were a bit dirty, and super hard to open (need fixing). We did not have spoons, forks or knives (and even dishes) in our room even though we had coffee grinder and a mini kitchen (they call it kitchen bar). The personnel is extremely courteous and professional. Will be back for sure!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear aWashingtonian,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay for the most part. I am saddened to see that you did find a few flukes with your time here. When you come back we will make sure everything is in tip top shape for you. We can't wait to have you back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel has a very convenient location, as we were able to walk to national mall in 20 minutes and they were great about including our dog. We booked one bed (our mistake) and they worked to find a room with two. The staff was great and would stay here again (but longer next time)!

Room Tip: great location and pet friendly
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear Marty S,

Thank you so much for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location. I hope that your fluffy enjoyed their stay as much as you. We hope you all come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel is not bad indeed, but at the same time it is not good. I think it is just average. At the same time, I expected something more from the hotel in the capital of USA.

It seems that the last renovation in rooms was made in 70-s or 80-s. Electricity sockets don’t have ground connector, which is not good. Everything in the room looks outdated. The most strange things are room with sink and bathroom. Room with sink looks like the big hall, in which I think, about 6-8 sq.m. And the sink itself occupies no more than one third of the room. At the same time there is a tinny bathroom with toilet and bath-tube for dwarfs. It is much smaller than room with sink. The bath-tube in addition to its extremely small size looks very old and unattractive. The shower also looks ugly. Also I should mention that I haven’t seen the separate cranes for cold and hot water on water facets like in this hotel since 1990s.

At the same time, the hotel has good location. All monuments are in the walking distance from it. Also it is easy to go to Georgetown. The staff is professional and polite. The cafe in the hotel is also quite good.
But I would recommend to chose different hotel in Washington.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Sergii1979

Dear Sergii1979,

It is very disappointing to hear that we were not up to your standards. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do our very guest to make sure every guest is well taken care of. We will defiantly pass on your feedback to the correct departments. We hope to welcome you back for the next time you are in DC.