2,126 results
All reviews full kitchen whole foods grinder gwu hospital fresh coffee beans ambulance sirens great location white house emergency room trader joes foggy bottom metro separate kitchen walk in closet walking distance living room kennedy center light sleeper
Reviewed 11 October 2017

As someone who transits out of D.C. a lot, the One Washington has always been there for me. They have rooms ready quickly, the rooms have unique facilities that many hotels don't offer (like a full kitchen with just about every piece of cookware a travel would need), the beds are comfortable, and the rooms usually have a balcony that overlook the squat buildings of Foggy Bottom and the West End. What makes the One Washington Circle stick out especially in my mind most of all, however, is the people that keep this place in tip-top shape. As an occupant there on and off for five years now, it's been the same people who've helped me through good times and bad, like the time I was violently thrown out of an airbnb at 10:00 PM on a Friday (I'm a firm believer in hotels now, I'll never be doing that again). Emmanuel, Amanuel, and Mikhail are three gentlemen who take the Socratic maxim to do their work in the pursuit of the Good to heart. When Amtrak broke my luggage and I was too exhausted to carry it, Mr. Mikhail was there to carry it for me and give me life advice along the way as we walked to my midnight checkin. When I thought I left a family heirloom at my AirBnB of horrors, Mr. Amanuel helped me unpack and sift through both clean clothes and dirty ones until I found it. Mr. Emmanuel is always the first to inquire about the health of my family and he can read my face to ask me what's wrong like a trained expert. Mr. Antonio the concierge listened to my woes about being thrown out and nearly fired the next week with genuine sympathy and he had a room waiting for me before I could even finish my story on the phone. In truth, one of my favorite sites in all of D.C. for me is not the Washington Monument or the Lincoln Memorial, it is the One Washington Circle Hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2017

This is my second time staying at the One Washington Circle hotel in Washington, D.C. and the facilities never disappoint. The hotel is well maintained, clean, and smells great when you walk through the front doors. The polished floors, fresh water station with fruit, and sleek modern appearance make a great first impression and shows the hotel's attention to detail. On both of my stays, I've been greeted and welcomed by friendly hotel staff who are happy to assist with restaurant recommendations, transportation information (i.e. car, metro, etc), and any request I had, including an early check-in and storage of our bags until our departure for the airport. We ate breakfast at the restaurant on site, and the food was delicious and well-priced; the waiters were very attentive and pleasant. The best part are the hotel rooms. On both stays, the rooms have been very clean and very spacious. My most recent stay in October 2017 was in a room with a full kitchen - it was stocked with everything you would need including fresh coffee beans and a coffee grinder. The furnished private balcony provided a beautiful view of the city. This is by far one of my favorite hotels and I will definitely be back! - Julie Scardino

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel is very well located, taxi drive from the Regan airport is only $15 and 15 minutes away. Walking distance to anywhere in DC.
Service couldn't be any better, seriously I've stayed at many hotels and by far this is the best customer service, everyone was extremely nice, kind, professional and welcoming. Our room had a nice view to the university next door, we also got a full kitchen. Our maid did an amazing job at all times, I wish I could remember her name, all I know it was some really nice Asian lady.
Front desk is very helpful, great at giving you directions and suggestions. If I ever go back to DC I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2017

I spent 5 wonderful days in DC and I couldn't be happier! I had a great time and recommend my choice of staying at One Washington Circle Hotel. The room (fully equipped) and the staff was really helpful with all my doubts and they were amazing. The bikes provided to stroll around the city are a great hit too!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Small boutique hotel right on Pennsylvania Ave. less than a block to the Metro. Safe neighbourhood. We arrived late and check in was easy. They gave us a ground floor room, but the next day we got a room on the third floor. It was a mini apartment. Full kitchen, dining room, living room and separate bedroom with bath. It had everything you could want. They even gave us start up cards that we could add extra money on for the Metro. Whole foods is just a block away so we could pick up what we wanted and make our own breakfast in the mornings. Only negative is it is close to the University hospital, so during the day there were sirens, for some reason we did not hear them during the night. Overall we could not have found a better place to spend our week in DC.

Room Tip: Get a room higher up, not ground level
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple