As someone who transits out of D.C. a lot, the One Washington has always been there for me. They have rooms ready quickly, the rooms have unique facilities that many hotels don't offer (like a full kitchen with just about every piece of cookware a travel would need), the beds are comfortable, and the rooms usually have a balcony that overlook the squat buildings of Foggy Bottom and the West End. What makes the One Washington Circle stick out especially in my mind most of all, however, is the people that keep this place in tip-top shape. As an occupant there on and off for five years now, it's been the same people who've helped me through good times and bad, like the time I was violently thrown out of an airbnb at 10:00 PM on a Friday (I'm a firm believer in hotels now, I'll never be doing that again). Emmanuel, Amanuel, and Mikhail are three gentlemen who take the Socratic maxim to do their work in the pursuit of the Good to heart. When Amtrak broke my luggage and I was too exhausted to carry it, Mr. Mikhail was there to carry it for me and give me life advice along the way as we walked to my midnight checkin. When I thought I left a family heirloom at my AirBnB of horrors, Mr. Amanuel helped me unpack and sift through both clean clothes and dirty ones until I found it. Mr. Emmanuel is always the first to inquire about the health of my family and he can read my face to ask me what's wrong like a trained expert. Mr. Antonio the concierge listened to my woes about being thrown out and nearly fired the next week with genuine sympathy and he had a room waiting for me before I could even finish my story on the phone. In truth, one of my favorite sites in all of D.C. for me is not the Washington Monument or the Lincoln Memorial, it is the One Washington Circle Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One Washington Circle Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Washington, DC's vibrant Foggy Bottom neighborhood, just one block from the Foggy Bottom Metro Station. Enjoy cool, vibrant atmosphere from the moment you step through the front doors of our stylish hotel. Our friendly staff members welcome each guest with a genuine smile to our super comfortable, modern accommodations in a prime downtown DC location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your One Washington Circle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Washington Circle Hotel
- One Washington Circle Dc
- Hotel One Washington Circle