“delicious butter chicken and paneer tikka masala”

Laliguras Indian & Nepali Bistro
Ranked #761 of 3,716 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2018

Lovely food and flavors. We ordered take out and all was well packed and very fresh. Easy to find and convenient.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

The chicken masala and saag paneer were pretty darn good. Maybe a little too sweet on the masala. The naan was perfect and the saag just right (but no real spice to it).

My big complaint is that if you deliver to a hotel room - you should ALWAYS include silverware. I had to bend the top of my rice container just to eat. Sorry, not cool

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Good indian and nepalese food and a really friendly staff. Would def go there again next time I'm in DC.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Paul V
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

Never tasted anything like the tikka masala before. Truly scrumptious. The other dishes were good too, and plentiful. The service was charming and the bill- incredibly low- 46 dollars for the four of us!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 11 October 2017

6 footsteps from the UDC/Van Ness redline stop is this gem! I go as often as I can now that I've found it. The chef/owner creates Indian-style dishes with a soft Nepalese flavoring, using green vegetables beloved in the hills, and creating delicate dishes like a chick-pea dal curry with onions and peppers that I've never had anywhere else. The potato samosas are light and tasty without over-spicing, but I had to be careful not to eat too many of the vegetable pakoras as I'm trying not to eat fried foods. The flat breads are puffy not flat, and airy, and the potato and cauliflower and eggplant and lentil curries are terrific. The staff is ultra-polite and they remember you after a single visit! The Katmandu Manhattan is delicious and I add extra cherries, and there's a good selection of wines, Indian and American beers. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: October 2017