“How can this place have 4 stars?”
Review of Tesoro

Tesoro
Reserve with OpenTable
Tesoro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #656 of 3,666 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Yuma St.
Transit: VanNess Metro Easy Access To Taxicabs Metro Bus
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

How can this place get four stars? Our visit was a disaster! We had a group of 11 for a business dinner. They were incredibly slow taking our drink order and delivering the drinks. They came out in stages. The fried mozzarella was no better than Costco frozen cheese sticks. When do mixed drinks come with childrens flexible straws? They were out of the wine we selected, a fish they are known for and ice! Really, how do you run out of ice! So that delayed the mixed drinks, but why the delay with wine and beer. Most of our drink reorders came after we had finished our entrees....

The food was good once it came out, but the service was sooo slow and horribly presented. Their manhattans were horrible. I went to straight bourbon to avoid and expectation of a real mixed drink.

I tend not to bash restaurants, but this was just so far out of bounds....

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Good food with outside seating. Good for family and friends. The have pizza personal. Size. The bar Crow is hotel based

Reviewed 8 June 2018

With only 2 nights free for dinner, we chose both of them to have dinner at Tesoro. We would have gone back for a 3rd night if we were staying in D.C. longer. My husband & I had several different dishes along with soups & salads: all were superb. The bread & tomato dish that comes with the meal is worth a visit to Tesoros on its own. Save room for dessert; the tiramisu is amazing - as was the red velvet cake. The prices are also very reasonable.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Since I was staying at the hotel, my Contiki tour got us dinner here one night. Cheese pizza, which was quite nice. I also went back the following night for a late night snack of pasta and chicken parmigiana because I was still hungry. I would recommend this restaurant, however I will never got back because of a bad experience involving a drunk member of my tour and some physical sadness. Of course, this is not the restaurant's fault. I just feel like I might have some PTSD if I went back. But they do have good food.

1  Thank TK K
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Very nice staff
Daughter loved the seafood pasta and their homemade bread
Mine was ok..nothing to right home about.