All reviewsm streetindustrial buildingsmoke stackfour seasonswisconsin aveeast wingpotomac riverboutique feellobby loungeliving roomboutique hotelupgraded to a suiteamazing hotellocation is greatfitness centerrooms are comfortablecommon areas
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Love the hotel and love the staff!! Every time you go you feel so welcomed. Everyone is so friendly and they are there to help you out! Cedrik is the best! He was great every-time we go to stay at the hotel! I would highly recommend this hotel for vacation, business, friends, or whatever you want! The lobby has a small bar and a great seating environment! I would highly recommend!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Nice hotel in a very good location where you can walk to all the shops and restaurants within minutes. A smaller boutique-like Ritz not a big high rise that some may expect. It was refreshing to me but I can see how some may expect more from a Ritz. It gives you a warm charm feel but lacks impeccable service. However, the staff was friendly and helpful when called upon. My room was upgraded eventually as a platinum member but I had to wait till 6pm to get it. Overall I liked my stay and you really can't beat the location if you want to spend time in Georgetown, DC.

Room Tip: Request a high level floor; avoid the sub-level floor
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony S
Reviewed 1 July 2018

From the moment we arrives till the moment we left (actually even after that as the family enjoyed some chocolate on our drive home) our stay at the Ritz Carlton Georgetown exceeded even our wildest imagination of an ideal stay.

I am a lifetime platinum at Starwood and Platinum Elite at Marriott so I have stayed at enough hotels to know and call out a spectacular customer experience when I see one so please choose the Ritz Georgetown and you will not be disappointed.

Our experience at the Ritz Georgetown also I must say set a "new hurdle/bar" that will be tough for other hotels we stay to even come close to!

From the warmest hospitality when we arrived, to the personal attention to the kids (scavenger hunt, wagon buddies, cookies) to the spacious accommodations, "The Yard" was a perfect oasis of a place on hotel grounds to relax, and background history tour of the hotel it was a stay that will go down in the books as one of the best ever for my family and a stay that makes us want to come back for more.

Every staff member we met should be called out by name but rest assured travelers you are in good hands with Martin, Axel and a top notch welcome crew from the moment you arrive!

And by the way walking distance to dinner and town is ideal plus easy stroll 100 yards downhill to the waterfront.

Hope everyone reading this has as exceptional stay as we did!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2018

When I'm traveling for work, what I really want is to avoid hassles and just have everything be easy. This felt like the opposite.

Well meaning but not well-trained staff-- where do I begin? Nobody greeted my cab upon pulling up or was there to help with doors/luggage. Nobody immediately available at check-in desk. Lots of stairs and walking to get to any of the rooms-- would be quite difficult for anyone with mobility problems. Hotel bar is depressing and is the only place to eat certain nights (they have another restaurant, but it was closed). Steak came much more rare than ordered, and I had to wait 20 minutes to flag someone down and show him (staff are chatting with each other, never come to check on diners, etc.). It was taken back, returned a while later with all the vegetables on the side now completely cold. I didn't eat any of it. Nothing was comped or discounted. Just not what I expect from a Ritz.

Gym is all style and no substance-- tiny, don't even have basic things like 5 pound weights. The staff around the gym was unhelpful.

The rest of hotel staff was well-meaning but untrained. Not at all what I'm used to in Ritz. Had to ask over and over to get things fixed (broken phone in room, never worked, I asked six times and it was never done.) Room service order screwed up multiple times. Maid came to door to bring something I'd asked for, I'm clearly in a rush and standing in a robe trying to get ready, and she's standing there trying ten different ways to solicit a tip, ask if I need thing after thing, what time I want my room cleaned, wanting to shake my hand and introduce herself, etc.--I didn't want to be rude but after having called down multiple times I was now in a rush--it just smacked of bad form and bad training. Not helpful either-- I was already planning on leaving a tip when I checked out later the same day.

Oh and my dry cleaning never showed up as expected in the morning, I had to call down several times to chase it. And each time I called down to the front desk it was a crap shoot as to whether anyone would actually answer, or whether it would just ring a bunch of times. When the dress finally did show up, it had an EXTREMELY strong odor--like someone had tossed it in the dryer with a few batches of "dry cleaner's secret" - it was strong enough that I almost took it off, as it was giving me a headache, but at that point I was in such a rush I just wore it and hoped it would air out.

Just a very frustrating experience overall. Not recommended if you're looking for the famous Ritz service or ease of travel. Cool interiors though, and everyone was pretty nice--but service was more like a friendly three star, you are not getting the amazing service and flawless "easy" that I was expecting -- not by a long shot. More like staying at a charmingly inept guest house--but with a much higher sticker price. I really wanted to like this place, as I travel here often and love Georgetown, but if I'm honest I wouldn't stay here again and I cannot recommend for business travelers unless you have time/patience/cash to spare.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Ashley L
Kiara A, Quality Operations Supervisor at The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear Ashley L, thank you for providing feedback about your recent experience at our hotel. I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations with your multiple interactions with our staff. I assure you that your feedback will be shared with our ladies and gentlemen to improve ourselves. I appreciate your review and I hope that one day you give us the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Don’t know where to start. Had a late check in & room was not ready - gave me a room which was not what I requested. Concerige Cedric has a hard time understanding things. Manager Nicole gave me a print of a rollerblading trail that led straight to traffic / cars which was extremely dangerous - asked Nicole for horseback riding ranches - totally lied about calling them for reservations because I spoke with those ranches and all of the information she gave was incorrect.

Then waited at NatGeo museum for half an hour for Cedric to make a reservation for a show for me - did not happen. Nicole, the manger told me “calm down , we can’t make the computers go fast for you.” Then spoke to Theo who was so impolite and said something so inappropriate to me, I can’t even write it out here.

Have stayed at ritz at Tyson’s - this location is just a. Disaster. Have stayed at other ritz Carlton hotels as well but this one was so disappointing ... staff is just not there with the quality of service that ritz holds itself up to. Just horrible !! Tyson’s corner is a way better choice, or four season which is close by and had the pleasure of staying there a few weeks ago.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank NycerSometimesinDc

Good Day NycerSometimesinDC, We appreciate you staying with us and sharing your experience. On behalf of my entire team, I apologize for  falling short of your expectations in regards to our ladies and gentlemen. I assure you this was never our goal and we look forward to using your  feedback as a training tool for future guest interactions. Thank you again for your feedback.