3,424 results
All reviews gold floor juniper restaurant presidents club health club beautiful hotel corner suite foggy bottom lobby bar m street concierge desk room service lincoln memorial rooms are spacious fitness center upon check white house few blocks
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I fell in love with the Fairmont (especially the Gold floor & their staff) since my first trip in 2017 and it will always be my home away from home. Recently I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental (the Farimont Gold floor closes in August - sadness!!), and although impressive, I will always return to the Farimont when possible.

Comparing the Fairmont to the Mandarin:

PROS (Fairmont over Mandarin):
1. Gold level staff - always friendly and interact with you. At the Mandarin, they are nice but standoffish
2. Gold level food - better at the Fairmont, more variety. Mandarin is OK but sloppy. Chicken pot pie? Really. Menu is repeated every other day.
3. Location - easier to get to and if you're a member of the Fairmont club, you get a car for short trips and most things are walk-able. Mandarin is in the middle of office buildings so long walks or cabbing/Uber is required.

CONS (Mandarin better than the Fairmont)
1. Mandarin has reading glasses in different strengths for patrons (please consider this Fairmont)
2. Mandarin's rooms & bathrooms are nicer (DEEP soaking tub)
3. Although there is no gift shop on premises, Mandarin has a CVS across the street. Fairmont should consider a gift shop
4. Spa/pool much nicer at the Mandarin

So on paper, the Mandarin seems better, but frankly, it's Opal, Meghan, Kerra, Cortez, Chris, the door men and others that will make the Fairmont my choice for DC.

They have been my family for the past year and I see them being my family for years to come!

Room Tip: Ask for the Fairmont Gold rooms
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
FWDC, General Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Paula S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very insightful review. We are thrilled that we are your home away from home. Your comments will be shared with our team including Opal, Meghan, Kara, Cortez and Chris. Thank you for the suggestions we will look into all.

Mark Huntley

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and our daughters really enjoyed the stay at Fairmont Washington during their tour of GWU. Convenient, great location, and super nice hotel from their comments on it- even my 17 year old mentioned how nice it was. When the hotel learned I would be unable to join them due to last minute work issues, they upgraded the room for the family. Overall my wife said it was one of the more pleasant hotel experiences she has had in some time.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited here for 4 days on 8th October 2018 and weren’t disappointed. The hotel was lovely as was the staff through to the reception staff, bar and restaurant staff and also the doorman. The hotel was kept to a high standard and also the food. Nothing was a problem for the staff. The hotel was located in Georgetown in a good location. We would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
FWDC, General Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Tracey D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown.

We all look forward to you next visit.

Mark Huntley,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a beautiful hotel and we had a wonderful stay. The management is so professional and helpful!!! The rooms are beautiful!!! We recommend staying there if you are in the DC area. You will not regret it. I have stayed in other hotels in DC and the Fairmont Georgetown is the best hotel we have stayed at in DC..

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear nancy s,

Thank you for such a glowing reviews. your comments are very much appreciated, and I will share them with our team.

Mark Huntley,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Fairmony is in a wonderful location with lots of restaurants close by. The room and bathroom are spacious and very clean. An unexpected but deeply appreciated treat was delivered to us in reference to our 20th anniversary. The bar, patio and ballroom are beautiful and ideal for the wedding we were attending. The staff was attentive and courteous. I would definitely recommend the Fairmont to anyone visiting Washington, but wishing to stay away from the usual touristic areas.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com

Dear lalaureusa,

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us during your 20th anniversary, and while attending a wedding.
Thank you for your comments, and please come back soon.

Mark Huntley