“Great atmosphere and very accomodating”
Review of Cafe Dupont

Cafe Dupont
Ranked #56 of 3,664 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 19th @ Dupont Circle
Transit: Dupont Circle Metro is 1 block East of the station located on the North part of the circle between 19th st., Q st., and New Hampshire Avenue.
Description: With large windows showcasing Dupont Circle's vibrant neighborhood, brasserie-style Café Dupont exudes a stylish hint of Parisian influence combined with the contemporary chic of the local Dupont Circle neighborhood. Serving locally-sourced and French-American cuisine with several healthy options, Café Dupont’s atmosphere can be enjoyed both inside and on its buzzing patio terrace. Serving locally-sourced and organic French-American cuisine with several healthy options, Café Dupont’s atmosphere can be enjoyed both inside and on its buzzing patio terrace.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am a hotel guest of the Dupont Circle Hotel and had a great experience posting up and doing some work at Cafe Dupont. The staff was incredibly friendly, going out of their way to plug in my chargers to make it an ideal workspace, and our server, Andre, was especially diligent and sweet about making sure myself and my colleague were happy and taken care of. Although we didn't order drinks right away and stuck with our waters while we spent a couple minutes finishing our work, Andre brought us some nuts and refilled our waters until we were ready for our order.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

I first had a bad experience at lunch time when I was seated and no-one waited on me. I was staying at the hotel and had eaten in the Cafe Dupont in previous years and always had a good experience. The waitress was by several times and ignored me after telling me to seat myself though when a couple of other ladies came in, she gave them menus and waited on them I finally gave up and left to go somewhere else.

I did go back for dinner-convenience only due to weather and limited mobility at the time. This time I was waited on and the service was very good. I had a burger that was cooked the way I requested and tasted good. For dessert, I had the creme brûlée that was good.

In the future, not sure I'd return unless I had to just because of the way I was treated at lunchtime. It doesn't have the ambiance of the previous place though they are remodeling and I hope the new place captures some of the old ambiance and better service.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Our breakfast was great!! The restaurant was under construction when we were there. I am sure it will be nice when finished. That did not bother us.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

Had breakfast here 2 days while staying in the hotel, we paid the price for convenience. Good service and the food was good.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Excellent service. Michel was right there every time ime he was neede, yet unobtrusively. Food was excellent I had kale salad with nicely prepared salmon (medium rare as ordered).
We shared a pineapple curd tart - an amazing dessert. Share -it’s big!
I would highly recommend this one.

1  Thank KathuP