“Nice find for a lunch with my siblings”
Review of Toscana Cafe

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: F Street
Transit: One block from Union Station
Description: Toscana Cafe serves delicious, authentic home-style Italian meals with a gourmet touch in Washington, D.C.
Reviewed 16 September 2017

My brothers and I had an appointment in the area and wanted to eat first. After walking for 5 minutes and popping in 2 other places we settled on Toscana as it had something we each liked. I normally don't care to sit outdoors and eat but we were able to find a spot in the shade to enjoy our meals.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We chose to eat dinner here because it was convenient. We had very low expectations based on the other reviews.

Like another reviewer we sat on the patio and both got multiple bug bites on our legs. Otherwise the patio was pleasant.

Service was faster and more attentive than other reviews led us to expect.

We ordered calamari to share and a pizza for each of us off the happy hour menu. The calamari was rubbery but the breading was light and good. The pizza toppings were tasty and if you like lots of cheese you'll like the pizza. We thought ours perhaps had too much cheese.

All in all the food was average but the happy hour prices made it a decent value.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

The only reason we give them 2 is because they have a nice patio.
The food was terrible, it didn't taste anything and was just a mushy sad excuse of food.
The staff was even worse, if you like waiters that's just sitting down picking their noses this is the place for you.
Do not go here !

Reviewed 3 July 2017

After passing this spot, one of the very few in the area (2nd St, NE), for a couple of days, I decided to give it a try, on a hot and humid late afternoon, for dinner. I was looking forward to a comfortable, air-conditioned, seat. Oops: no air conditioning -- or tables -- inside, just outside tables. The breeze made me stay. I ordered a glass of Sauvignon Blanc from the waiter: "Which one?" he asked. "The only one on your menu," I replied. Oh, oh: the dreaded specter of being only one of three occupied tables, and the typical result -- poor service. I ordered the Caprese ($4:50), and the Pesto Gnocchi with Shrimp ($23). The Caprese came out a few minutes later, and as I was enjoying the first forkful -- the main came out! So much for lead time for "Starters." The pasta was still hot by the time I got to it, and was tasty despite being overly sauced and oily -- I had to turn my fork to the side and let the oil and sauce drip down with each bite. There was half an inch of oil in my plate when I finished. Another glass of wine? I waved my glass in the air to the lone staff member, a busboy having an intense conversation on his phone. His call over, he finally saw my hand and got me more wine. Just as I was about to leave, a waitress knocked over a glass of wine, shattering it, at the table next to me. I was glad to get out.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

We were looking for a local Italian restaurant in DC and found this cafe online. It has a cute exterior with outdoor seating. Entering the cafe you are passing by a display case of homemade pasta and the kitchen . It is a very small space , it can be crowded. It was a very warm evening so we opted for indoor seating( air conditioning) which was located on the second floor. After walking up a very narrow staircase we entered a very small dining room with tables along the windows overlooking outdoors. We were the only guests so obviously the locals prefer the outdoor eating space. I wanted the fliet mignon which they didnt have , my second choice was osso buco which they didn't have. Finally i was able tomorder chicken piccata and my companion ordered the lasagna. The piccata was very good and the garlic/butter linguine was very good and the lasagna was also good . But after we got our meals we never saw our server again until we were ready to leave . She never once checked on us , not good. Inguess she didn't want to climb the stairs. Nothing stood out , probably not visit again .