“Great place for jazz”
Review of Blues Alley

Blues Alley
Ranked #4 of 184 Nightlife in Washington DC
Reviewed 1 June 2018

The best in jazz come here to play. Over the years I've heard everyone from Dave Brubeck to Ahmad Jamal to Peter Beets. Small tables, average drinks and food. You go for the music, anything else is secondary. Parking available across the street.

1  Thank sdog41
All reviews
"intimate venue"
in 5 reviews
"jazz artists"
in 3 reviews
"stuffed shrimp"
in 2 reviews
"arrive early to get a good"
"music lovers"
in 3 reviews
"henry"
"treasure"

Reviewed 24 May 2018

I went to the Blues Alley, to see nothing more than Joshua Redman, the guy. I could not buy tickets online but I went there wishing to find one in the entrance. I arrived and for my surprise there was one last seat available. While waiting for the show, I had a bowl of the delicious Jonathan Butler’s Seafood Gumbo soup. I could not ask for better. That is just Yummy.
The show itself could not be better. Joshua Redman nailed it. The acoustics of the place are perfect and the ambiance perfect!
I definitely recommend this place as a Jaz cathedral in DC

Reviewed 8 May 2018

A bit of a disappointment overall. Overpriced menu/drinks, undersized drinks. Wait staff, was not very personable. Seemed focused only on getting us to comply with minimum drink requirements. Kenny Garrett was in concert which started a few minutes past 8:00 p.m. and at 9:15 he was done. I counted 5 to 6 songs during that time although music was good. I recognize they had another show at 10:00 p.m. and needed to clear the place and clean up but that was not a good value.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Well, Kenny Garrett quintet + Blues Alley is a fantastic combination. The club is pretty well located in Georgetown and it’s amazing. The show was superb, we paid USD 40 per person and worth every dollar. The food was ok, a little bit expensive. If you have the chance, visit Blues Alley, it’s a perfect play to enjoy serious Jazz!.