Open today: 6:00 PM - 12:30 AM
Review Highlights
Great Venue for Great Music

We saw Stacey Kent here recently and it was a great show. The staff was very friendly, we had... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
TallTraveler2013
Wilmington
Terrific venue, pretty good food

We visited Blues Alley tonight with some friends to see Stacey Kent. The show was awesome. We were... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from US$65.00
from US$73.00
from US$30.00
More Info
All reviews intimate venue wisconsin avenue jazz artists stuffed shrimp arrive early to get a good music lovers great concert great acoustics ticket price booked tickets crab cakes across the street stage performance harmonica audience treasure
Reviewed 24 May 2018

I went to the Blues Alley, to see nothing more than Joshua Redman, the guy. I could not buy tickets online but I went there wishing to find one in the entrance. I arrived and for my surprise there was one last seat available. While waiting for the show, I had a bowl of the delicious Jonathan Butler’s Seafood Gumbo soup. I could not ask for better. That is just Yummy.
The show itself could not be better. Joshua Redman nailed it. The acoustics of the place are perfect and the ambiance perfect!
I definitely recommend this place as a Jaz cathedral in DC

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 8 May 2018

A bit of a disappointment overall. Overpriced menu/drinks, undersized drinks. Wait staff, was not very personable. Seemed focused only on getting us to comply with minimum drink requirements. Kenny Garrett was in concert which started a few minutes past 8:00 p.m. and at 9:15 he was done. I counted 5 to 6 songs during that time although music was good. I recognize they had another show at 10:00 p.m. and needed to clear the place and clean up but that was not a good value.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Well, Kenny Garrett quintet + Blues Alley is a fantastic combination. The club is pretty well located in Georgetown and it’s amazing. The show was superb, we paid USD 40 per person and worth every dollar. The food was ok, a little bit expensive. If you have the chance, visit Blues Alley, it’s a perfect play to enjoy serious Jazz!.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

This was our second visit to Blues Alley. The seating is tight. The food is good. The service is great. The entertainment is outstanding. We attended the Kenny Garrett Quintet concert on April 14, 2018. Wow! The only problem was no room to dance. I can't wait for our next visit.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Went for light dinner and to experience a Jazz Club.
We were not disappointed
We were unsure what to expect but this is an authentic place in the heart of Georgetown and as a tourist in Washington well worth a visit.
It is pretty quirky and different and a most enjoyable way to spend an evening.
Go for the ambience and the music but not necessarily for the food.
It is ok and tasty but not sophisticated.

Date of experience: March 2018