“Great Maine lobster roll in DC”

Luke's Lobster Farragut
Ranked #1,005 of 3,716 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Description: Luke's Lobster is a cozy, Maine-bred seafood shack committed to simple dishes that highlight superior ingredients, served straight from the source, without the filler. Stop by for our Maine-style lobster, crab and shrimp rolls, try the award-winning New England clam chowder, seasonal items like lobster mac + cheese and our warm grain bowl, and craft natural sodas.
Reviewed 30 April 2018

This place is very close to the White House at 17th and H. I grew up in Maine, so an authentic lobster lobster roll was a stunning find for me. This roll features the traditional hot dog bun, toasted and loaded with delicious chunks of lobster, lightly buttered and seasoned just enough to highlight the fresh lobster. After busy days in DC (I did the National Epilepsy walk and the March for Science) we didn't want a huge meal nor a long delay before we got back to our hotel. Luke's filled the bill! We got lobster rolls on three night! The place is small and unassuming with only a few tables and booths. We paid about $17 for a lobster roll which is a decent price. They also feature chips and sodas from Maine. Place your order at the table and they will bring it to your table. Select your own chips and drink. Recommended, check it out for a taste of Maine just a 5 minute walk from the White House.

LukesLobster, Manager at Luke's Lobster Farragut, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Hello, Carl

We appreciate your recommendation, our seafood is also sustainable and traceable.

Thanks

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Lobster rolls and Lobster Bisque in a bread bowl and it was delicious! It was so so good -- we got ours to go and enjoyed in our hotel room after a long day of sightseeing. It was the perfect meal!

We appreciate your feedback,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We loved these rolls so much, we ended up going back a second time before driving to the airport. I ordered the lobster roll land my son ordered the trio: lobster, shrimp and crab. This is their newest location and it's the largest one. Staff was very friendly and welcoming. My only complaint? At $17 and $19 a piece, you can only have one. Otherwise you would spend $80 in 4 rolls. But quite frankly they are not too big and I could have easily eaten at least 3. Plan on going somewhere else for dessert right after and you will not be full. The second visit I ordered a $5 side lobster tail and it was so tiny that it was a waste of money. Do not order it, not worth it!

Hi Wilma,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our lobster rolls.

Thanks!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We loved the lobster roll, crab roll, and lobster bisque. Even my picky kids loved the rolls and bisque. Worth the visit. Andre’s customer service was phenomenal!

You are right, great food and great service.

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 11 March 2018

A local blog informed me that Luke's Lobster had opened close to my office. On one of the first non-rainy days, I made the trek to H Street and was happily surprised! The decor of this restaurant is pleasant and there are plenty of places to sit. The menu isn't large but has enough variety to meet any taste.

I've only had the Lobster rolls so far but can't wait to try the crab and shrimp rolls. They also have a sampler that allows you to try all three. Potato chips are available and drinks are bottled. You can also order ahead.

Everyone is friendly and the line moves quickly. Their clam chowder is supposed to be top notch!

Hi Susan,

Please come back to try our trio, you can now pair it with a soup and a drink.
Our clam chowder is awesome!!!

See you soon