“Yum!!!”

Add it.
Sloppy Mamas BBQ
Ranked #1,619 of 3,704 Restaurants in Washington DC
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Some of the best BBQ I've had, and I'm from Kansas City!!! It is located in Union Market. I can only describe Union Market as an ethnic food court. Some great food there!

Reviewed 12 July 2018

While stopping at the Union Market for lunch, I settled on BBQ from Sloppy Mamas and immediately knew I made the right choice. The staff of two were friendly and really had their service down. They took my order and in less than five minutes my choice of two meats and two sides was ready for me to carry. They provide large, sturdy paper tote bags with handle so you won't spill your order. They also have a great selection of BBQ sauces in squeeze bottles that you can load up on in small plastic cups with lids. Everything you need is right there for the taking, which makes ordering stress-free and convenient. The food itself was fantastic with tender, smokey pork and brisket, delicious coleslaw, and moist cornbread with a caramelized crust and bits of corn kernels. Next time i'm at The Union Market it will be difficult to try another food stall because Sloppy Mamas is tough to beat.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Had the chicken sandwich...it was falling a part it was so tender. You have a choice of about 8 different BBQ sauces and I tried a few and they were all good. The sandwich comes with coleslaw which was perfect. Sandwich was huge!

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Took the family to wander around Union Market. There are alot of choices. Unfortunately we were there late on a Wednesday and not everything was open. We chose Sloppy Mamas! We went with the two meat platter. At $18 it ain't cheap but the portions are very generous and the food is outstanding. I went with the chopped pork bbq and the brisket. EXCELLENT!