All reviews verizon center irish pub free breakfast irish channel gallery place metro station great location h street valet parking national mall chinatown area yogurt few blocks breakfast staff the breakfast area hotel is located within walking distance metro stop
Reviewed 21 November 2015 via mobile

In town for the Greenbuild conference. Stayed here for three nights. Checkin was smooth and they accommodated my room request for a room high in the tower, off the street side and away from the elevator. The room was very nice with a king bed, couch, office desk and plenty of room.
I loved the exercise area, open 24 hours, plenty of machines, tv's worked on them and my favorite, hand weights.

The breakfast buffet was super, I liked both cheese and salsa for the scrambled eggs.

Staff was very friendly especially the gentleman at the breakfast bar.

Only a few minor things that stopped me from giving this place an excellent rating. The water in the morning during the shower would fluctuate between full flow to almost nothing and then back to full flow. The wireless was fine except at night, so I guess when everyone was connected it was very slow.
The room heater was fine except once in the middle of the night it made all sorts of racket and woke me up.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2015

We had a wonderful experience with this hotel. All the staff from the outside valets to the front desk, housecleaning staff and breakfast buffet staff were very friendly and helpful. This hotel is centrally located in D.C.. There is a metro stop a couple of blocks away making getting around in D.C. very easy.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Fred L
Reviewed 12 November 2015

This is located right around the corner from the Verizon Center, making it a perfect stop for anyone going to a sporting event or concert. The staff here is extremely friendly and helpful. This is our second stay and we'll come back again. The extra bonus - the direct doorway to the Irish Channel pub right next door. We had dinner and our after game celebration just steps from the elevator back to our room.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Jim R, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2015

Dear Patricia C,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/Downtown through Trip Advisor.

As a valued guest, we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.

Chasity White

Reviewed 9 November 2015

We had a room with two queen beds. It had a microwave, refrigerator, tv. It was clean and quiet (9th floor). A very convenient location, walking distance to the convention center and many sights. There are a lot of restaurants very close, a few right across the street. Momiji (Japanese/sushi) is right across the street and very good. The free breakfast was ok for two or three days. There was very little space in our room to hang things or put our stuff. They should have more hooks. More than two people in the room would be a problem. They have a really good concierge to help with planning. My biggest complaint is that the ice machine on our floor broke several times during the week we were there. There are machines on two other floors and it would have been helpful if they put a note on the broken machine indicating where the other ice machines are. They said that they would do that but they never did. Other than that, their service was very good.

Room Tip: higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Jim R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2015

Dear Lee,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the TripAdvisor survey in regards to your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/Downtown.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the closet not providing enough space and for the ice machine on your floor being out of service. I have shared your feedback with the engineering hotel team to ensure that the ice machine is repaired and that this was an isolated issue.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Washington.

Reviewed 8 November 2015

I really don't mean to leave a negative review. I'm just accustomed to more space.The staff couldn't have been friendlier. I flew in on a Monday and went straight to work. We had something of an emergency so I ended up working until about 10. I left work and walked over to the hotel. There was a little snag getting in because the doors lock at some point in the evening (it is in the middle of downtown so this if probably reasonable). But once I got in the woman at the front desk couldn't have been nicer. For lack of a better term she was tripping over herself to get me the room that I wanted.

I stayed for three days and every morning at 5 AM when I left for the gym the front desk clerk greeted me with a big "good morning sir"! And when I cam back around 6:30 someone always ran to open the door (because it was always locked from the night before).

The last morning I went to breakfast there appeared to be a maintenance issue in the lobby. As I ate I noticed a number of maintenance guys in jumpsuits doing something in the lobby. When I finished and stood up to through my plate away, one of the guys in a jumpsuit (who was clearly not there to serve guests) hustled over to me and asked if he could take my plate. I was completely impressed.

My only issue is that the room I stayed in was very small (and I am big - 6'1, 220). The closet was more like a locker and I had trouble fitting 4 days of work close in there. I don't know if I was just in a bad room or if this was standard for the hotel , but overall I just wasn't comfortable. This very well just be my preference. The hotel was filled with professionals and nobody (except me) seemed to be complaining.

So in short, Great staff, great location, tiny room.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Jim R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2015

Dear Jeffrey,

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the room size not meeting your satisfaction. We do offer Executive King rooms, which are approximately 70 sq/ft larger than our traditional king rooms and offer a sleeper sofa and sitting area in the room. If you return to DC we would be happy to offer you this larger room type.