All reviews full kitchen marble floors convention center living room continental breakfast multiple shower heads cook top one bedroom apartment mt vernon fold out couch the penthouse construction noise within walking distance metro stop marriott marquis frosted glass booked this hotel
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a five day stay in DC. We go to DC once or twice a year and prefer to stay at the Hilton, but the rates at the Eldon were far better and the ability to walk to the Metro, walk downtown if we wanted to, and have amenities in the neighborhood (CVS next door, deli/café two doors down, pizza, coffee, bars, small grocery) made the decision easy.
The on-site parking cost is on par with other DC hotels. Sometimes you might find a cheaper hotel with cheaper parking in a more remote neighborhood, but when you factor in money you will need to spend to take the metro longer, drive somewhere else and park somewhere else, the $40 per night to park near downtown isn’t a bad deal, especially with reasonably priced rooms. The lot is monitored by video camera.
We pulled up in the early evening and used the loading zone. Check-in was a breeze and the lady at the desk upgraded our room for nothing on the spot which got our trip off to a good start! The hotel is decorated with a lot of marble, glossy wood, and mirrors. Public and private spaces were kept very clean and shiny for the most part.
We took the elevator up to our suite and were very impressed by the size and amenities. There was a coat closet right when you walked in and a small desk down the hall. To the right is a full kitchen - fridge and freezer, sink, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, stove top, oven, pots, pans, plates, etc. There was a living area with a fold out couch, coffee table, seat, and walk mounted HDTV. There was a separate bedroom with queen bed, walk-in closet, and night tables. The bathroom featured a bowl sink and a standup shower with multiple shower heads.
The suite was controlled by central air conditioning. I far prefer that to wall or window units, but the blower was a bit loud. The windows had blinds rather than curtains, which let in too much light from street lights and night and sun in the morning. Simply adding curtains over the blinds would be a major improvement.
As other reviewers have mentioned, the couch had some stains on it. Nothing that appeared recent or grossed me out but the management should really reupholster or replace stained furniture. Additionally, some of the artwork on the wall was moisture damaged (you could see mold growth on the pictures and matting). Luckily it was encased in glass so I wasn’t breathing it in. The hotel is all non-smoking though when we first walked into our suite, there was a faint odor of smoke in the air. That odor did seem to dissipate as our stay went on, and the housekeeping service did a nice job on a daily basis.
We did have to go to the desk once since our keys were not programmed properly. That was resolved quickly. Check out was easy and they were kind enough to let us keep our car in the lot past check out time.
Overall it wasn’t a bad stay and we liked having the ability to eat a cheap quick breakfast (the hotel offers continental breakfast for $6 but we opted for buying things from CVS and the café) and plenty of space to spread out during our stay. I would consider this hotel for a future stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DSXM
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

I read some of the reviews and looked over the pictures of the room, but being here makes it feel like home. It reminds me of having a One Bedroom Apartment. The bedroom is a nice space. The bedroom closet has nice size to it, In addition to having a linen closet. The bathroom has a Standing only shower and ample counter space. They have a nice size mirror in the hallway to see yourself from head to toe. The closet once you walk in the front door isn’t something to look forward to, but does have an iron and ironing board. Plus, an air filtering fan. The living room has a nice Queen size sofa with a bed. I was surprised to find there is a small stove located under the electric counter top 4 burner stove. There aren’t many if any pots and pans in the cabinets. Oh. No television in the bedroom; so that’s a downer. The view isn’t like being in the city; looking at the brick wall next door, unless you are lucky to get a Street facing room. Looks like there is only one of them per floor. For the price and all that the room includes, it is definitely worth the price. They leave a robe and 2 pairs of slipper. Your going to need them since the floors are marble, except the space rug by the sofa.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2018

We visited this hotel a few years ago, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The experience was like staying in an apartment, replete with bedroom, living/dining room, and kitchen/dinette. We made a lot of our meals there and saved on having to pay the price to dine out.

Our two girls accompanied us, and felt quite comfortable in the room. The only drawback is that they were younger, and child care costs $25.00 or more per hour.

The location is wonderful: the Convention Center is right around the corner; Chinatown is only a block away; and the Mt Vernon Sq/7th St-Convention Center Metro Station is only a couple of short blocks away.

We happened to stay there in January, and the temperatures were cold, but the days were sunny.

Overall, a very pleasant experience

Room Tip: Make a reservation early, and be specific about what you want.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

We just returned from a 4 day, 3 night visit to Washington DC. We stayed at the Eldon Luxury Suites.
There are a large variety of reviews on Trip Advisor, not all positive. We have nothing but positive things to say about Eldon.
There was a pullup zone in front, that made it easy to unload the car. Check in was fast and seamless. The front desk was accommodating from the beginning. We were early for gaining immediate room access, but our room was ready, so we were allowed right in. The rooms were spacious, clean and very well appointed. My daughter always gets stuck on the pullout sofa, and they are usually horrible. She said this was by far the best one she's ever had... it was actually comfortable!
I made a couple of unusual requests, which the staff immediately tried to accommodate. I recently injured my knee, and since I've been to DC many times, I was staying in the room while the family was sightseeing. I asked the desk if there was a lounge where I might find a reading chair. The manager said "I'll see what I can find". About 15 minutes later they wheeled a great reading chair into my room!! Amazing! Housekeeping was very accommodating about providing the linens we wanted. The entire staff was super nice, making our visit even that much better.
Parking is an adjacent lot... valet is available if desired. Metro is down 1 1/2 blocks, then up 1 block. There is a 6$ Continental Breakfast available, which we did not do.
We were actually in DC to see 3 WNBA Washington Mystics games, and using cabs, Uber and Lyft, we got to restaurants and the arena quickly. If you are more able-bodied than I, you probably could easily Metro or walk to many of these. The loclocation is pretty central to anything a tourist might want to visit.
We highly recommend Eldon Luxury Suites to travelers.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Some of the reviews on TripAdvisor made me a little skeptical about the Eldon. It was booked for a group for a work trip, but I was very pleasantly surprised, & very impressed!

The suite was very clean & hygienic, & housekeeping were brilliant every day in providing fresh towels & linens, & cleaning up the kitchen area too, which was an unexpected bonus.

The suite itself was huge, & infinitely more homey than a faceless, impersonal hotel room, so great for an extended stay.

The location couldn't be better if you're in town for anything at the convention centre. Plus, only a 15 minute walk to Georgetown, & 10-15 minutes to the Mall.

I didn't have any interaction with the staff beyond check in & out, but that all went smoothly so I can't fault them.

Yes, there's construction nearby, which there is a lot of all over DC, but as I was staying on business, I was up early anyways so it wasn't a problem with it starting at 0700. There was no noise at night, which is much more important.

If I'm back in town for anything at the convention centre, I'll definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business