All reviews nationals park nationals game green line ball park washington nationals harris teeter grocery ongoing construction fully stocked kitchen walking distance valet parking full size refrigerator wedding guests metro station newer hotel minute drive the breakfast area complimentary breakfast
Reviewed 29 October 2018

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. The staff is so attentive. hats off to Latoya - an emergency came up and we had to change plans and she was so helpful!!! The hotel is clean modern. Loved the kitchen facilities and shower was amazing. The breakfast area is perfect for many people and smaller children. The breakfast was very good with many choices. We were very close to the Metro and could go anywhere. It definitely was a home for us - our grandchildren could visit and there was plenty of room for all of us and games, etc. My husband had stayed there earlier when he was in DC for business and that was good. But also, a great place for a "vacation".

• Trip type: Travelled with family
JohnC15260, General Manager at Residence Inn Washington Capitol Hill Navy Yard, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Singasong123,

Thank you very much for your review of the Residence Inn Washington DC Capitol Hill/Navy Yard. I love reading reviews like this. I could not be more proud of my team to include the service that Latoya provided. I will be sure to recognize her for providing Distinguished Hospitality. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Extremely clean. Attentive staff. We loved this hotel. Our room was very quiet including the air conditioning which was sooo quiet. Breakfast was in an air room with various seating options. We would definitely recommend this hotel and will be back. Forgot to mention fully stocked kitchen with fridge stovetop and microwave.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JohnC15260, General Manager at Residence Inn Washington Capitol Hill Navy Yard, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Marley2010,

Thank you very much for your review of the Residence Inn Washington DC Capitol Hill/Navy Yard. I am glad to hear that you enjoy the hotel as well as the staff. Please keep us in mind next time you return to the area.

Travel well,

Reviewed 18 October 2018

If you are looking for the perfect location for a weekend visit to DC- this is it! we were close to all of the sites as well as the ball park. There was ample parking. The area was quiet at night and not quite as busy as some other locations around the city where we have stayed. The lobby allowed all three families traveling together to have a place to congregate. The rooms were sizable and very clean.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
JohnC15260, General Manager at Residence Inn Washington Capitol Hill Navy Yard, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Mzachery,

Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel as well as the amazing neighborhood. Did you know that Forbes Magazine recently named the Capital Riverfront/Navy Yard neighborhood in the top 15 "coolest neighborhoods" in the United States? We could not agree more. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a veterans conference in October 2018. It couldn’t have been a more perfect stay.
The service I received was remarkable from start to finish. The moment I got there, I was greeted and asked if I had stayed before. When I said no, the man at the door gave me a quick rundown of how everything was going to go when I walked through the lobby elevators. The check in was easy and quick and the room was gorgeous. Truly a home away from home.
For those who enjoy working out, the gym here was also amazing. It’s not your typical one treadmill, one bike, one elliptical, and a few crappy few weights gym. It was large and spacious with multiple machines and a good selection of quality weights. It is also open 24/7 to work around busy schedules.
I more so wanted to recognize one person in particular with this review. I wanted to recognize Daisy at the breakfast area. Her personality of absolutely perfect for what she is doing and truly made every morning start out extremely well. She greeted me every morning with a hello, told me to enjoy my breakfast, cleared my dishes when I was there for a while doing work, and wished me a great day. She smiled everyday and I could tell her words were genuine. She seemed to want to be there and love her job very much. She is truly a great addition to your team and made my stay that much better.
Thank you and your staff for all the kindness and genuine happiness. Everything was truly appreciated by myself and the rest of my IAVA team that stayed with me. I look forward to coming back and will be recommending this hotel to others traveling to Washington DC.

Trip type: Travelled on business
JohnC15260, General Manager at Residence Inn Washington Capitol Hill Navy Yard, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Katie M,

Thank you very much for your review of the Residence Inn Washington DC Capitol Hill/Navy Yard. It truly was a pleasure having you here with us. Thanks again for reaching out to me regarding your stay. I made sure to recognize the staff, specifically Daisy, in our morning meeting today.

We look forward to having you here with us again.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

The good: Outside of the fact that this hotel is insanely comfortable, and either has everything you need, or is within a block of a place that has what you need, the staff here are by far the nicest group of people you will experience in hospitality. Even one of the maintenance guys grabbing a cup of coffee stopped what he was doing long enough to acknowledge me and say good morning.

The "meh": the rooms are kind of cold and sterile in an effort to be ultra modern.

The bad: the valet situation is frustrating if you have a car. There's only one car length open in front of the building, usually blocked by some kind of construction truck (both times I was here I couldn't access the valet spot), and there are no valets outside. So, unless you're OK with leaving your car in a traffic lane to run inside and look for someone (because remember, they can't see you pull up because trucks block everything), you're kind of out of luck with parking. There are garages popping up in the area now, and there's a lot across the street, but none have overnight parking or are only open for ballgames, so beware.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
JohnC15260, General Manager at Residence Inn Washington Capitol Hill Navy Yard, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Strudel01,

Thank you very much for your review of the Residence Inn Capitol Hill/Navy Yard. While I am delighted to see that you found the staff to be amazing (and I couldn't agree more), I am truly sorry that you had issues with the construction trucks out front. During your visit they were delivering concrete for the two new restaurants opening next to the hotel. We are exciting to have two new dining options but completely understand the frustration you experienced. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to the nations capital. Have a great weekend.