The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center
Official Site
Hotels.com
The Hay-Adams(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
American Guest House(Washington DC)
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hotel Hive(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
The Jefferson, Washington DC(Washington DC)
Swann House(Washington DC)
1,314 results
All reviewsfront deskwhite househeavenly bedrooms facethomas circlebreakfast buffetconvenient locationm streetbusiness tripfew blocksdowntown dchotel restaurantfitness centernational mallalemlobbyatrium
Reviewed 4 August 2016

I was very disappointed with my stay at the Westin as I have stayed at several Westin hotels during my travel. I chose this hotel as it was walking distance to the White House and the overall all neighborhood. I was appalled with the lack of customer service received by the Westin located at M Street. I planned a fun filled bridal shower weekend for my cousin, which I booked several weeks ago through Hotels.com. My guest travelled from North Carolina, Georgia and New York for the weekend of July 29 to July 31st. I was extremely embarrassed by the service we received. We stayed in room 419 the studio suites. The room was not able to cool down and we called for the engineer to come look at the thermostat. No one arrived to service the AC. By 11pm we could not function with the sweltering heat any longer. I went down stairs to speak with the manager regarding this matter. They stated they were aware of the air not working and there is nothing they can do. We asked to be relocated to a room of the same caliber. I spoke with Bryant and was told they were booked and did not have any rooms available for us. We asked for fans to be placed in the room, they were not able to accommodate that for us. I asked to speak with the night manager Faye Mbaye, he refused to come to address the concerns. I thought that was extremely rude and disrespectful. We were then told by Bryant that our parking would be taken care of due to our inconvenience as well as being credited for one night. We returned upstairs and could not bare the heat. We returned to the front desk to ask for a room to accommodate the five of us. I requested for Faye Mbaye to come out of his office to speak with me regarding this matter as it is unjust. He mentioned he will be able to accommodate us on Saturday with a new room (not comparable to the size I purchased) however they would be able to place us in a conjoining room. We were not offered another studio suite or an upgrade to the presidential suite or the one bedroom suites. The studio suites ending with 19 did not have functioning air conditioning units. We were told the air conditioning unit will not be functioning until November. At this point we returned to our room and waited for Saturday morning. We relocated to a conjoining room, however one of the rooms did not become available to use until the latter part of the day. Once the rooms became available, we did not have a working phone, nor sufficient amount of towels or toiletries (such as lotion, toothpaste, body wash etc)
Also on the floor of 419, a room service tray remained on the floor all day. I contacted the front desk to alert them of this tray. It was not removed.
Upon departure on Sunday, we received a receipt stating a zero balance and the parking of $59 a night was taken care of. On Tuesday, August 2nd I checked my account and two separate charges of $100 were debited from my account on July 29 and July 30th. I contacted Wesley the day manager regarding this fraudulent charges and demanded the funds to be returned to my account ASAP. He stated they were incidental hold placed, however I was not to be charged and he will ensure the funds will be returned back into my account within 3-5 days. He stated if I were to come to the hotel on Wednesday, August 3rd, they will expedite the return of funds. I arrived to the hotel at 1pm and met with Cedric Daily the manager, he stated that I should call my bank with my personal cell phone and he will see what he can do from the Westin's end. The bank stated there was no refund credited to my account and that the Westin will have to process it. Mr. Daily stated there is nothing he can do, and I should wait for the 5th business day for the funds to be returned to my account. I also asked about the credit for the one night that I was promised, he Mr. Daily stated that was not noted on the file and that he can not address that. He stated I should call Mr. Wesley or Mr. Faye to address the credit.
I placed a phone call and left two messages for Wesley and I have yet to receive a return phone call. I am again disgusted and embarrassed that my guest were subjected to such behavior and lack of customer service from this hotel and will NEVER stay here again. I am still awaiting all of the funds to be returned to my account.
The only person that provided stellar service was Martin Sango

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank mariskamends
Steven M, Manager at The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Hello Mariska,

First and foremost I apologize for the issues you experienced while staying at the Westin Washington DC City Center Hotel. I completely understand your frustration and want to assist in resolving any pending issues. The incidentals hold you speak of is customary at any hotel and is released from your account at check-out, the time it takes for funds to re-appear depend on your personal bank. We value your business and want you to be completely satisfied with your experience at our hotel. As I mentioned I do want to remedy any pending issues. At your convenience please call me at 202.429.1700 so that I may assist.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Westin Washington DC City Center Management

Reviewed 4 August 2016

The hotel has great location it is only few block away from the White House. The room was bright, clean and spacious. It was a short stay, only 2 nights getaway from NYC to DC. The staff was excellent, professional, they made our stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Not impressed. Decor a little dated I thought. You pay for everything...fee for wireless $15-$17 per 24 hours, parking $60 per night. Staff ok not great. Room ok not great. We arrived in t shirts and shorts after looooong car trip and got frosty-ish reception. (Seriously?!). Requested microwave in room SEVERAL DAYS IN ADVANCE and was assured we would have one. Got there and no microwave. Called front desk who was clueless. Was told hotel only had 4 and they were out and we were apparently SOL. (I'm thinking maybe go buy one for $99 as customer always right but not here.)
Did not feel like valued guests. And water pressure was meh...

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Steven M, Manager at The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Hello Valued Traveler

First and foremost I apologize for all of the issues you experienced during your visit to our hotel. I appreciate your honest, thorough and comprehensive review as I am sharing this with our management team members. It is our goal to exceed our guests expectations on each visit and I am sorry we did not accomplish with you and your family. We value your business and I want to ensure you that these issues will be dealt with and resolved.

We did embark on a complete renovation of our hotel and it was completed in the Spring of 2014; I am sorry that you found the room and décor dated. You are correct that we do charge for both parking and Wifi; our pricing is reviewed yearly and is competitive with other hotels that are located within this neighborhood of DC. As a guest I would be frustrated as well if a microwave was requested and then you were not notified if it was available or not; this will be reviewed with my team and corrected accordingly.

Again; I am sorry you did not enjoy your experience with us; we do hope you give our hotel a second chance on a future trip to DC.

Be Well,

Westin Washington DC City Center Management

Reviewed 28 July 2016

I'm am very impressed by the incredible people, facilities, and location at Westin DC. The front desk staff are very welcoming, led by Faye who goes the extra mile to make sure his guests feel right at home. Gym is very convenient and excellent area to run in the morning/evening. Westin DC is my hotel of choice when visiting the area. Greatly appreciated, thank you and keep it going!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Currently sitting in the lobby. The breakfast was great. The room was clean and nice. Wifi in room cost money, but wifi in lobby is cheap. Somehow the hotel budget for this trip was enough for Westin.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business