“Always a good option”
Review of Asia Nine

Asia Nine
Reserve with OpenTable
Asia Nine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #469 of 3,725 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 9th Street and 10th Street
Transit: Red line: Metro Center, China Town Gallery Place Green & Yellow line: Navy Archives Memorial
Description: Asia Nine’s design draws inspiration from different Asian cultures.Jewel tones and rich woods envelop guests with a warm and exotic atmosphere. A glowing washi paper sculpture illuminates the backwall, appealing to the curious spirits of guests. Facing the front window on a raised floor is Asia Nine’s sushi and oyster bar decked out with wood elements, enticing red tile accents, and custom painted tables and bar top. In the main dining area, slate tiles in shades of silver, grey and black cover the floor and compliment dark walnut tables and chairs, seating 100. A long spring green tile bar, seating55, flanks the right side of the room with a bamboo forest background highlighted with a steel waterfall. Directly across the room are large banquettes, wrapped in bamboo with a floating trellis overhead. Just past the banquettes and up the stairs is a cozy lounge, known as the VIP room, complete with a full bar and seating 40.
Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

This is near our office and we have dined it, ordered for delivery, and had take out in the past and it's always been good. You can ask for different levels of spice for the entrees and the sushi is better than expected! My favorite is the Asia nine lo mein. The variety in the menu is nice too. Others love the kapow on rice and the curry. You can make opentable reservations to avoid waiting if you're going at a busy time.

Reviewed 22 July 2015

I don't usually have an experience like this. We were a party of ten, six adults and four children. I ordered the Genbel San No ONi Koroshi Sake which stated on the menu it was 300 ml. It was served to me and after drinking it, I looked on the label and saw the bottle was only 180 ml, almost half of what I should have been served. I asked the waitress about this and she said the menu was a typo. I showed her what it said and said they owe me another 120 ml. She said she couldn't do anything about it and we asked for the manager. A man named Noom said he was the manager and said the same thing, it was a typo and he couldn't do anything about it. All I asked for was 300 ml or the price to be pro rated to reflect the price per ml stated on the menu. If I was Noom's boss, he would be unemployed today. He made a huge stink over 120 ml's of sake. I didn't ask for anything "FREE", I only asked for the price they had on their menu. I wonder how many people have been scammed by them before? The place was near empty around 7 PM and service was on the slower side. Noom is an idiot and shouldn't work in the food and service industry. The children belonged to the two other couples we were dining with. They were amazed at how argumentative Noom was in front of their children and they had very stern words for the experience.

3  Thank BobMinchak
Reviewed 22 July 2015

Asian food in the central are of DC is mostly medium to poor family restaurants, particularly near "Chinatown" or fast food. Asia Nine is a high end eatery, with prices to match.

We were three at a mostly business dinner. Our guest had several food restrictions, but she found everything she wanted on the menu. Sake was on offer, which we like, and the courses were all tasty, if not remarkable. Service was fast and efficient. Servers left us alone when we needed it, and we there when we wanted them.

The place was not crowded, nor is it ever crowded when I pass by. The prices are a bit steep, which may be why there are not more customers. But the experience is good, the food good, and the service very good. So if we are in the neighborhood and want something far better than the typical Asian hash houses in the central area, we will return.

Reviewed 14 July 2015

Asia Nine is a chic asian restaurant in the heart of DC that serves a myriad of asian cuisines including Thai, Singaporean, Chinese and Vietnamese. For a Friday night the restaurant was surprisingly not too busy, however the service was frustratingly slow. We ordered an avocado salad, Singaporean fried rice and honey miso duck and virgin mojito. The mojito was extremely sweet and the mint leaves were not as fresh as they could have been. Overall the food was subpar.

Sadly the salad came out at the same time as the entrees leaving a frustratingly long period of time in between ordering and getting food. The avocado salad was a bed of lettuce with an avocado chopped on top of it. The miso salad dressing was absolutely delicious, I wish the dressing had been more on the lettuce rather than globbed on top of the avocado. The honey miso duck was subpar. The promised wasabi mashed potatoes were delicious, I however was disappointed by the lack of wasabi. The duck was perfectly cooked, however the honey miso sauce was a little too strong and made the duck very salty on the outside. Singapore fried rice was a little too salty and with giant hunks of tomato that might have been better if they were chopped smaller.

Reviewed 16 June 2015 via mobile

Excellent service, AWESOME miso soup, and good sushi rolls. I had nothing to be disappointed about. Even the atmosphere was cozy. Then why only four stars? Cause it didn't seem particularly unique from all the other Asian fusion restaurants on the street. The fare was pretty much the same and nothing stood out to me as a reason I would pick that one again over the others.

Date of visit: June 2015