“Fabulous in every way!”
Review of Ocean Prime

Ocean Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #233 of 3,707 Restaurants in Washington DC
Description: Ocean Prime is an award winning modern American restaurant and lounge from renowned restaurateur Cameron Mitchell. With stunning settings, a vibrant energy, an impressive menu of seafood and steaks and truly exceptional service, Ocean Prime is an ideal place to socialize, talk business, celebrate and indulge.
Reviewed 8 August 2018

We had the pleasure of dining at this Ocean Prime last Sunday night. The restaurant is beautiful inside with a chic & warm atmosphere! Our server was just delightful. We spoke about the wine list then about some of his favorite dishes. I actually asked him to surprise me with one of my three favorite appetizers. The lump crab cocktail is amazing, the hamachi crudo is one of the best we've ever had. The seared scallops with risotto are always a favorite & the filet au poirve was wonderful. For sides we had the fresh corn, jalapeño au gratin, & spinach. For desert we had the creme brûlée. The wine list was very nice & even included a wine from one of my favorite wineries that I've never seen on another wine list in the U.S. Overall, this was a wonderful dining experience.

CMRinfo, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Prime, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you for the 5-star review!

Reviewed 30 July 2018

I really enjoyed the food. Especially the sushi. It was so fresh and delicious. I went to the grand opening a while back and decided to go again for my birthday this year so that my boyfriend could try how good it was. Will be back again.

CMRinfo, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Prime, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Thank you for the kind words and the feedback.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

I took my husband for his birthday dinner here and it was great! The view in person didn't necessarily reflect some of them I saw online, but that was a minimal item. The sushi was delicious as was the scallops and lobster tails. They were going to give him a free birthday dessert, but we were both too full to take part in that. I'd definitely return and try a few other items on the list. Our waitress was also fantastic!

CMRinfo, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Prime, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you for the kind words and the 5-star review! We look forward to seeing you again soon in the future!

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Nice environment, good staff. I took cod filet well cooked in the oven accompanied by well chosen grilled vegetables.
Another time very good halibut.
It’s a pity not having seafood pasta in the menu.
Not wide choice of cakes.
Fish Price is fair, not sparking water.
Overall good experiences

Thank you for the kind words and the feedback Nico!

Reviewed 6 July 2018

Not far from our Washington hotel in an area that restaurants just have to deliver on the dining experience & thankfully this restaurant did just that. Ambience, service, wine choices & of course, good food.
Up there price wise but you wont be disappointed.

CMRinfo, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Prime, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words and 5-star review Ken!