“Great breakfast”
Review of Founding Farmers

Founding Farmers
Reserve with OpenTable
Founding Farmers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 3,298 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: 20th St. / Pennsylvania Ave. (Foggy Bottom)
Transit: There are two Metro stops within 3 blocks of the restaurant, Orange/Blue lines at Farragut West or Foggy Bottom/GWU. The red DC Circulator bus Georgetown/Union Station line stops on Pennsylvania Ave. at 21st street, as well as on K Street and on 19th, all just one block away.
Description: Founding Farmers, the Greenest Restaurant in DC, is owned by the more than 40,000 family farmers of the NDFU, serving American inspired real food and drink with an emphasis and focus on cooking from scratch. While our restaurant is supplied by hundreds of family farms everywhere, that doesn't mean we know every farm, and that doesn't mean we never have to buy product from the traditional (corporate) supply chain, but it does mean we're working hard to direct our purchasing dollars where it aligns with our values. We're serving the best food we can, made from scratch in our kitchens every day. Our innovative, American dishes are made primarily with pure ingredients honoring the farmers and their hard-earned bounty.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went for Sunday breakfast but couldn't wait for the long q, so we booked and went on the Monday instead
Fabulous bacon, lovely English muffin, perfect poached egg. My fried egg was a bit runny in the white. Wife's mixed non- menu breakfast cost more than mine for fewer items.

Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Founding Farmers, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi there,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful breakfast with us, we are so proud of our breakfast menu!

We hope to see you again soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great American food in decent portions that they don't charge the earth for! just what we wanted after a long day of sight seeing, also the guest Lager was excellent too

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your feedback. We want you to count on us to deliver you fresh, flavorful food every time you eat with us and based on your review, it sounds like we have accomplished our goal.

We look forward to having you back again soon,

Cheers,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I'm not saying it's bad, but just relative to what one's expectations might be with all the rave reviews, I found it fair. I had the chicken and waffles and I've had much better. There were bones in the chicken and that was not expected. After eating in the Screen Door in Portland, I had high hopes. They did not even approach them.

Again, not bad at all, just did not meet my expectations for such a highly rated place.

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your feedback. It is our goal to knock your socks off with every dish, and I’m so sorry that we failed to do so. We read each review and use them to make improvements. We want to make changes so that everything you try ‘wows’ you! Unoriginal and uninspired is not how we want to be described and I am so sorry you felt that way. We don't want to feel like a chain restaurant, we want to feel like a home! I would love to continue the conversation and work to win you back. I can be reached at Julie@farmersrestaurantgroup.com.

I hope that you give us another chance in the future! I know we have the ability to provide you with delicious, perfectly prepared food and I hope we get a chance to prove it to you.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We found Founding Farmers highly recommended but decided to try it out ourselves. We tried to reserve a table originally for Sunday brunch but tables were reserved til 2:30. We decided to do a Tuesday breakfast instead.

There are many breakfast favorites to try. We definitely recommend using OoenTable to make a reservation ahead of time and even a few days ahead of time if you want Sunday brunch.

We tried the FF breakfast which was a good value packed with flavor. Many breakfasts can be bland but the hash browns tasted hand grated with leeks. The French press coffee was tasty.

Service was excellent, friendly, and prompt. There was even an entire film crew inside as we ate breakfast.

We will surely come back the next time we're in DC except next time make the reservations a few days ahead.

Dress is casual although many business professionals were in business casual.

Hi there Aaron,

I am thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your trip to Founding Farmers! I’m so glad we were able to give you a memorable experience for Brunch. Attentive service and delicious food is exactly what we are going for, so mission accomplished.

We can’t wait to have you back soon for another yummy meal!

Warmly,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

100% worth a visit if you're in DC and after brunch. I had the stuffed french toast and it was amazing, I've never had anything like it. The portions were huge. It is a very large restaurant and is very lively, with a very fast turn around. Make sure you book to avoid being turned away on a weekend and be prepared to wait a short period of time for a table to free-up when you arrive.

Hi there,

We can’t wait to have you back soon for another yummy meal!

Warmly,