“Brunch through OpenTable”
Review of Founding Farmers

Founding Farmers
Reserve with OpenTable
Founding Farmers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 3,340 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: 20th St. / Pennsylvania Ave. (Foggy Bottom)
Transit: There are two Metro stops within 3 blocks of the restaurant, Orange/Blue lines at Farragut West or Foggy Bottom/GWU. The red DC Circulator bus Georgetown/Union Station line stops on Pennsylvania Ave. at 21st street, as well as on K Street and on 19th, all just one block away.
Description: Founding Farmers, the Greenest Restaurant in DC, is owned by the more than 40,000 family farmers of the NDFU, serving American inspired real food and drink with an emphasis and focus on cooking from scratch. While our restaurant is supplied by hundreds of family farms everywhere, that doesn't mean we know every farm, and that doesn't mean we never have to buy product from the traditional (corporate) supply chain, but it does mean we're working hard to direct our purchasing dollars where it aligns with our values. We're serving the best food we can, made from scratch in our kitchens every day. Our innovative, American dishes are made primarily with pure ingredients honoring the farmers and their hard-earned bounty.
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We found Founding Farmers highly recommended but decided to try it out ourselves. We tried to reserve a table originally for Sunday brunch but tables were reserved til 2:30. We decided to do a Tuesday breakfast instead.

There are many breakfast favorites to try. We definitely recommend using OoenTable to make a reservation ahead of time and even a few days ahead of time if you want Sunday brunch.

We tried the FF breakfast which was a good value packed with flavor. Many breakfasts can be bland but the hash browns tasted hand grated with leeks. The French press coffee was tasty.

Service was excellent, friendly, and prompt. There was even an entire film crew inside as we ate breakfast.

We will surely come back the next time we're in DC except next time make the reservations a few days ahead.

Dress is casual although many business professionals were in business casual.

Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Founding Farmers, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Hi there Aaron,

I am thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your trip to Founding Farmers! I’m so glad we were able to give you a memorable experience for Brunch. Attentive service and delicious food is exactly what we are going for, so mission accomplished.

Julie

Write a ReviewReviews (5,920)

Reviewed 3 October 2017

100% worth a visit if you're in DC and after brunch. I had the stuffed french toast and it was amazing, I've never had anything like it. The portions were huge. It is a very large restaurant and is very lively, with a very fast turn around. Make sure you book to avoid being turned away on a weekend and be prepared to wait a short period of time for a table to free-up when you arrive.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I am traveling for work so I was looking for a good place to grab breakfast solo. The place was super busy with a wait but I was able to get seated right away at the bar.
The breakfast menu was great. I got the sausage, spinach and mushroom pan scrambler and it was delicious! For how busy it was the food came out very quick. I would recommend giving this place a try.

Hi there Vickie,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful breakfast with us, we are so proud of our breakfast menu!

We hope to see you again soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed 3 October 2017

My friends and I drove down to DC from NYC this weekend to visit the National Museum of African American History and Culture. I was tasked with the gargantuan task of selecting a restaurant for us to have dinner. I took one look at Founding Farmers website and menu and knew this was the place. Founding Farmers did not disappoint. We were seated shortly after we arrived even though the place was beyond busy, our server was very attentive and personable, answered all our questions and even made suggestions that were spot on. Each of us ordered a different meal and we shared several appetizers. We can tell you the wings, cornbread and devilish eggs were all excellent. The short ribs, rib eye, planked salmon and BBQ platter followed suit and did not disappoint. Even the house made sodas were on point. I even plan to purchase their cookbook - yeah, it was THAT good.

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience- I’m so happy to read how much you enjoyed your recent meal at Founding Farmers. Providing you with the total package- delicious food, excellent service and comfortable atmosphere- is exactly what we strive for. I’m delighted this matches your review!

We look forward to having you back soon and I appreciate you sharing your kind words. I will pass them to our staff for some well-deserved kudos!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

My significant other and I now have another brunch favorite : Founding Farners . The FF breakfast is totally satisfying with the best scrambled eggs, ( what is their secret ?!!! ) crispy bacon or juicy chicken sausage and leek hash browns , freshly squeezed cramberry and pineapple juice and the best coffee around !!!!
Service is always impeccable and they refill your cup with the best coffee throughout your brunch !!!
Even though it is nighttime my mouth is watering just writing about it !
Guess where I'll have my breakfast tomorrow ?

Sylvia Lopes