All reviewsmicro hotelrooftop barlincoln memorialrooms are smallbreakfast pizzabunk roomelevator shaftfoggy bottomkennedy centerfirst floorwithin walking distanceawesome hotelloved this hotelcomfy bedwhite houseparking garagehotel experience
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Great value, smart design, perfect location amongst the GWU campus and within walking distance from the National Mall, pizza place connected downstairs was tasty, happy hour good prices and great atmosphere, CVS and Tonic restaurant down the road. Larger rooms available than the one I’m posting for my one-person business trip.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Bryna M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Hive, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Elia_Kost,

Thanks for your review! I'm happy to hear you were able to enjoy our &pizza shop as well some of our happy hour specials offered in the Hive Bar! With a wide range of sizes in rooms, I'm glad you found the right fit for your traveling needs. We hope to see you again at Hive!

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Hotel Hive is a small gem in the middle of DC. The location is great, especially for sightseeing popular monuments and museums in the area. We couldn’t get to the rooftop due to rain but it looks nice in the pictures and it probably is in real life since the hotel itself is very well maintained and clean. I loved the minimalist approach to the rooms and how bright they are, I appreciate small details and was pleased with my room and the offer to get ear plugs in case of extra noise coming from the bar-which to be honest- was not bad at all. The downstairs bar was full the day we checked in. There is also a pizza bar, which I could not try due to a gluten intolerance but it is highly rated as well.

Cons:
-The elevator is a bit small and slow, but the stairs to 3rd and 4th floor aren’t bad.
-Small hooks or hoops by the sink would help hang hand towel.
-No gluten free options at the breakfast bar :(

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Viajantesinrumbo0488,

Thank you for sharing your review and feedback! Our central location makes us a great spot to get around to all the hot spots of DC! I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of that during your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not made aware of all of our gluten-free options! &pizza has gluten-free dough for pizzas and we do offer yogurt and fresh fruit in the morning. We hope to see you again soon so you can get a chance to try some pizza!

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Wow!! When we were looking for a hotel, we didn’t expect to get everything right!

This place has it all; location, fun and helpful staff, with an excellent restaurant right downstairs.

The rooms are small, as noted. But comfortably minimalist with room for sleep and relaxation for 2.

My daughter and I visited DC to do the tour of the local colleges and take advantage of time to explore the Smithsonian and monuments.

Location: It is perfectly located at the edge of the GW campus, and within walking, cycling or scooter distance to Georgetown and the National Mall. Another treat, if it’s on your list, is the proximity to the Lincoln Center. It’s just a 7 minute walk to see a show!

Staff: Alex and Liz are amazing! We were greeted happily every day. They were so incredibly helpful in giving us a hand in negotiating the Metro, walking and City bikes/ scooters. Not only did they provide this guidance, they remembered who we were and asked how we were doing. What great staff! Thank you Liz and Alex!!

Restaurant: &Pizza is attached to the hotel. It is a made to order quick pizza place. It had reasonably priced healthy options for crusts and toppings. Easy and convenient for food on the run.

We will be back. Thank you Hotel Hive!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Departure720347

Thanks for your review! Our central location is one of our best assets and it seems like you made the most of it! I'm happy that Alex and Liz were able to provide a memorable experience for you! We look forward to your return to Hive!

Reviewed 9 August 2018

The Hive must treat its employees extremely well because the service here exceeded my experiences at far more expensive hotels from check-in, to bar & dining, to their spectacular rooftop. The rooms are amazingly well thought-out, providing everything you need, and nice extra-touches, without crowding the space, along with being very comfortable, clean, well lit, and practically laid out. (The bathrooms even have a composite floor that's not cold in the middle of the night, or slick when wet)

Where Hive shines even further is in their onsite venues. The bar downstairs has a really great cocktail menu crafted from DC liquor distillers that are good enough to draw in the locals nightly. The &Pizza onsite creates the best pizzas of any of their shops I've visited and can cater to the bar, your room or the rooftop quickly. As for the rooftop, they nailed this as well. Seating is varied so you can find something that suits your group (from standing tables, to couches, to clustered arm chairs, and large tables for groups), space between tables is sufficient to prevent crowding, and the service is fast, friendly and constant. The view is obviously limited to their surroundings, so it's not the waterfront, but they've done a great job of creating a beautiful space and after a few frozen Negronis you're pretty focused on the 3 feet in front of you anyways.

This is definitely a new favorite in DC!

Room Tip: Rooms on 4 & 5 might be quieter. Ask for the Hexagon Room for a special experience!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andrew S

Dear Andrew S,

Thank you for your review! We pride ourselves on a team ready to exceed your expectations throughout your stay. As a micro-hotel, we strive make sure our rooms are an efficient use of space and I'm happy that you found everything you need and nothing you don't! From the Rooftop at Hive to our Hive Bar, it sounds like you made the most of your stay. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Easily the best bang for your buck, and nice to get away from the cookie cutter hotels. It is in a wonderful location close to attractions. It borders the University and has a fun evening crowd. The roof top patio is also a nice way to get some sunshine in and enjoy a few drinks. It gets busy quickly on a nice day so I recommend going early.

We absolutely loved it, but it may not be the best place for young families or anyone who doesn't like the idea of being directly under or over a bar or pizza shop. I recommend booking directly through the hotel if this is a concern for you, but encourage you to make the effort because it is a wonderful hotel with great personality and is within walking distance of so many good attractions.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Bryna M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Hive, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear Anders B,

Thanks for the review! I'm so happy that you loved your stay! For guests looking for quieter rooms, I would recommend either our Hive or Loft rooms. You are absolutely correct that booking direct will be your best option for making sure you get the right room for you. I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy some drinks on the rooftop and we hope to see you soon!