“Great food, great place! ”
Review of Rive Gauche

Rive Gauche
Ranked #102 of 306 Restaurants in Tavira
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We stumbled across this restaurant on our first night whilst walking around the little lanes of Tavira - I’m so pleased we did! My husband and I enjoyed the food and experience so much we returned for a second time during our stay.

A charming, intimate little restaurant with a lovely ambience and tasteful decor. The waiter who served us was friendly and informative and the food on both visits was impeccable! Would definitely recommend!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Great, consistent food ..no matter what you order its cooked to perfection. The ambience makes it a realky special place but you do need to reserve.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Came here with my family on holiday as my one of us had been before and loved it previously. We knew it was a little more expensive but was told it would be worth it for the food. We were given bread with several dips which was personally the best part of my night. The garlic dip was divine and the humus was clearly homemade. It all went down hill from here. It took 1 hour 40 minutes for our mains to be served by which several of us weren’t even hungry anymore after stuffing themselves with bread out of boredom. When it did come mine was cold even though I was served first so it was clear it must have been sat on the side for a while. I had lamb chops which were ok and it came with potato gratin that was cooked perfectly and was very creamy. Everyone else seemed happy with there food so even after the wait no complaints were made. The next morning one member of our group woke up terribly ill and I discovered he had been up all night sick with food poisoning (he had seafood spaghetti). Luckily for us it was torrential rain that day so we stayed in anyway. From what we could see there was only one server and one chef. I don’t understand how anyone can think they can run a restaurant with two people - they must be mad!! The waiter was a lovely man he was just very slow but this was due to the lack of chefs. I think with more employees many problems would be fixed. Overall it was a slow night but most were very happy with the food - it was clear the chef had done everything himself and is very good at what he does. I do think if you visit coming in a large group like us (7 people) may be a bad idea but as a couple you may have a much more enjoyable experience.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank LeighFoodLover
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Four of us dined here while on holiday. The food was mixed - mine was fine and they were very accommodating for our vegan friend, but my wife said some of her food was cold and the fish was very salty. The worst problem was the slow service - we had to wait an hour for the starters and a long time for the mains. The waiter was very apologetic and gave us a free bottle of wine but it didn't make up for the delays.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 22 March 2018

They were under pressure only one chef. Interesting menu would have been executed better with more staff.

Date of visit: March 2018