“Good enough”
Review of LooK restaurant

LooK restaurant
Ranked #429 of 1,178 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: French, Italian, Cafe, Latvian
Description: A brand new restaurant in the centre of Riga.
Description: A brand new restaurant in the centre of Riga.
Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

Went here on a sunday-funday to grab some dinner b4 bed time, we did actually reserve a table, but that was not needed cuz the restaurant was empty, which was even more romatic, as it was late.
We had cesar salad with chicken - quite good, the chicken was a bit dry, as usual. Second dish was duck brest, which was cooked the way I asked, sides are nice aswell for the brest. The wine list was really small, but still with some pearls in it. As im myself am a sommelier, for me its important to see atleast something that meets the eye. Had a half-bottle of Andre Clouet Bouzy NV, awesome! In the wine card they have CH.Rouget a vintage of 1989 for a fair price of 129€ if somebody would join me for that, we would def. Take it. Who knows, maybe next time. Overall, we enjoyed it, and will come back someday.
Service was kinda good, the waiter forgot about the fries, but instead we recieved an espresso for free :)

Reviewed 20 November 2015

The meny was ok, could be broader and the portions could be bigger. Service was good and the athmosphere was cosy.

Reviewed 15 November 2015

We had breakfast here while staying at PK Riga Hotel. Ok breakfast buffet, but the restaurant was very nice, with a good atmosphere to enjoy a peaceful morning coffee.

Reviewed 13 October 2015 via mobile

I had dinner here one evening while on a business trip to Riga.

Innovative cuisine indeed.

Tasted quite good too.

Not top notch but quite reasonable considering the price I paid.

Service was prompt and friendly.

Three course dinner accompanied with a glass of house wine @ €30.

Recommended.

A note: Could be that the house changed or just the name of the restaurant.

I got a business card with the name Kukbuk.

By itself a very peculiar word ... particularly in Swedish ...

Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

Had made a reservation 2 months in advance, however on the day of event turned out they couldn't find my reservation. Luckily it wasn't busy and they had a table for 8. Otherwise lovely, good food and whine, decent prices and beautiful design, nice staff.