All reviews junior suite old town great hotel noisy at night the bus excellent location huge room light sleeper fifth floor sparkling wine bars and restaurants mini bar great city stayed here for nights nice bathroom quiet room breakfast room
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Beautiful, specious hotel in the middle of Old Riga. Great breakfast, friendly staff, anything you could wish for in the room :) Walking distance from anything you can imagine - from glass of beer to a museum. 100% recommended!

Room Tip: Twin room with city view
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

First of all, the location is amazing!! We stayed here for 5 nights. The personell was very helpful, polite and observant. The wifi was good, and the breakfast was OK. The coffee at the breakfast was though terrible! But lots of good café’s around to help on that.
The negative part; the elevator broke down every day. Walking the stairs to the fifth floor after a long day out in the heat was not fun...
I was travelling with my two sons, so we had an extra bed in the room. That was not good.
And the room was big, but almost empty. One desk, one wooden chair and the beds. A couch and maybe a table would have been appreciated.
I would probably have been more positive if it wasn’t for the price I paid. I did expect more for that price

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Spent a very pleasant time at this hotel (3 nights from 29/8/18). It's location is ideal for exploring the many attractions the Old Town has to offer. Both the rail and bus stations are only 5 mins walk away and the bus from the airport stops at the end of the street. We were upgraded to room 401 (junior suite), which is at the front, on arrival and other reviews suggested that the close proximity of nightlife might make it noisy, but there was only minimal sound from outside. The hotel met our requirements and the staff were very pleasant and helpful. Riga Old Town is beautifully kept and with the weather (daytime 30° evening 24°) there was plenty to see and do.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary A
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

We just had a great stay at this place. Although we were to early upon arrival it was no problem as our room was already available. The lady at the reception was great, very friendly. We got a very spacious room with a great view. Also there were plenty of extras like bottled water and toothbrushes. The hotel itself is perfectly located in the old town. Definitely recommended!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2018

The hotel is comfortable, the breakfast buffet good, the staff pleasant, the location is very central making most attractions within walking distance. But the location is the noisiest I found in my exploration of the old town and for me negated all the advantages it has. It is surrounded by bars, clubs and football and Irish bars with music and noise until 3-4AM. The hotel actually supplies earplugs in the room and believe me you will need them. If you want to use a Rixwell hotel try one of the others I'm certain none are as sleep-depriving as this one.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple