All reviews great location old town exposed brick quirky hotel dome cathedral spent nights here tea and coffee facilities central location good size bed was comfortable spoke good english wonderful hotel single room third floor street noise the bus long weekend
Reviewed 3 October 2018

We really liked Hotel Justus. The rooms was quaint, though a bit small. This was offset by a fairly large bathroom.

The location is perfect: right in Old Town.

The breakfast was really good.

Overall, we really enjoyed the Hotel Justus.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Disappointed in this reportedly 4star hotel. The good news is it’s excellent location with in the old town. Beyond that several disappointments. The breakfast was mediocre at best; there was no mechanism for keeping food warm, the upholstered chairs/settees were worse than something at my grandma’s house. You sunk into them and then we’re too low to sit at the table comfortably. While this is not the hotel’s fault, the breakfast room for two out of our three days was full of completely rowdy derelict looking dudes. They behaved like they were sitting in a bar at 3am. Hubs and I seriously couldn’t talk to each other. TV could not receive audio for English speaking TV channels. How can you get the picture and no sound? Bathroom shower area had no shelf or place to put soap, shampoo etc and the grout in the bathroom was GROSS. All around kinda disappointed in hotel. Teeny room to boot.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Stayed three nights. Location is great, and the decor looks pretty fresh in a funky, "shabby chic" style that I liked. Was clean. Staff pleasant and mainly helpful, not always - some seemed inexperienced.

But this just was not a four star hotel experience. One problem was that we had been travelling for a while and had a couple of cases. This is an issue in the very small rooms, which contain zero (literally) shelf or cupboard space in the room or bathroom, and very limited hanging space (five hangers in a minute wardrobe with no shelves etc.) So you literally have to live out of your case, and this can only be stored in the centre of the small room. This is a serious design fault. I asked for more hangers and was given dozens (someone being sarcastic I think!) but this is a major comfort issue. You will need very good eyesight to see the smallest TV screens I have seen in a while, at the top of the wall.

Breakfast is best avoided I think you will find. We only had it once - buffet is limited, and poor quality - hot dogs, pickles, packet pancakes, dry bread and poor quality cereals. Acceptable for a hostel, but not a four star hotel. I saw a further resident take one look and ask staff where Costas was! There are in fact some nice cafes nearby.

I also got a bit cross about having to do everything myself - no help with bags, having to wait at breakfast by the self service coffee machine till staff had made their own drink, and so on. You get the picture. Not awful, but not four star. Bar seemed to be closed as far as I could tell - there was in fact nowhere to sit in the hotel at night, as the restaurant area was blocked off with a chair by 9PM. Even forgoing a drink from the closed bar, there was no available space to sit anywhere - not in the tiny room of course, or downstairs either. I suppose I could have sat on my case!

Staff helped us on the last day by making a phone call for us, which was nice.

Shame - this could be a so much nicer stay, with a bit of effort.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jon W
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

This boutique hotel is a block from The Blackheads House and St. Peter’s. Fabulous location with comfy beds. The breakfast is outstanding with hot and cold foods galore. Rooms are clean and are a bit small, but not as small as many such places. Good A/C with tasteful remodeling. The noise from drinkers on the street can last till late on weekends, but the new windows block most of it; but drinkers in the bar usually stop by 11:30 pm on Saturday nights. Well worth the money; I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed at hotel Justus for 3 nights in August 2018, is located in the center of Riga, nice large rooms, friendly staff. The only negative thing about hotel Justus is the lack of commitment to the style, all pictures in the restaurant are in the wrong style to mention one thing.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple