“Nice little Indian café”
Review of Mahatma

Mahatma
Ranked #447 of 1,146 Restaurants in Riga
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Reviewed 18 January 2018

This little Indian café has grown on me lately. Once you realize that it's not really a restaurant, but more like a café with simple Indian food, you sort of see what they are trying to achieve. Very friendly staff, affordable prices, and pretty tasty food (as long as you're not expecting anything very fancy). My only complaint is that the portions are on the small side. So, Mahatma, please give us a little more food per serving (mainly: add more meat in the bowls), and this will be great.

I give Mahatma grade 3, which is a good grade! Seems like people on Tripadvisor think that everything below 5 (or maybe 4) is a bad grade, but it isn't.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

The night we ate here it was quite busy [always a good sign!] and we were not disappointed. The choice was good. We had a few dishes and shared them - they were all really good and tasty, served by delightful staff who were friendly and chatty - spoke excellent English! We would definitely recommend this.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Indian food in a calm and friendly place. The price is honest and the food is tasty and typical from India. We were very welcomed.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

I've been here so many times, this place is near my work. I really like this place, nice atmosphere, kind people and tasty food. Especially tea. ☺️

Reviewed 17 May 2017

The food (& service) was amazing - a short menu keeps focus on what they do well. Amazing chickpeas.