“Improved service, good food ”
Review of EQUUS Restaurant

EQUUS Restaurant
Ranked #403 of 1,189 Restaurants in Riga
Price range: US$40 - US$85
Description: Situated in the old part of the building, the Equus restaurant boasts a unique décor inspired by baron Münchausen's 18th-century horse stables. The historic interiors and a menu of international fusion cuisine deliver the guests an upscale dining experience during daily meals and special events. Tea Deli concept offers a tea ceremony experience and Vinoteca by Pullman, the brand's signature wine concept, provides a variety of international wines.
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

I gave this restaurant a second chance and it was totally worth it.
This time waitresses were very friendly and helpful and drinks came right away.
We had excellent Aperol spritz, which was 2 for 1 price and the food was very good. I had a tuna steak and my husband had Striploin steak - both juicy and delicious.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I had heard so many good reviews about Pullman hotel and its design, so I was really looking towards to try this restaurant. But the bad service already at the beginning braught me down. We waited for 15 min just to get the winelist, which was a pdf file on ipad (just one for 3 people). I asked the waiter for special cocktail offer on rainy days (that I saw earlier on facebook), he had no idea abot that but he promised to find out and get back to me... he never did. The whole 3 course meal he never asked us about drinks.
The food: salad with lamb - savorless, the main course - steak - good and dessert - average but with a hint of chef’s hair (see in picture). And the waiter didn’t apologise for that.
So I do not recommend this place.

1  Thank Liva G
Artems A, Guest Relations Manager at EQUUS Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Liva,
Thank you for sharing with us your feedback, your opinion is important to us! Please accept our apologies for unjustified expectations of your visit to our Restaurant and low quality service experience on that date. Please check your private messages to read an offer from our side.

Best regards,
Equus Restaurant Team

Reviewed 20 April 2017

The food is extremely good - without fault. But the experience is considerably tarnished by the horrid and loud crooning of some Western pop music. I asked if it can be turned down, but no, it is what is it. Why would a 5-star hotel and its high class restaurant want its diners to be regaled by 3rd rate English pop? A string quartet would be more appropriate to the location, the food and the ambience.

The actual location is definitely above ground level, yet it seems as though one is in a vaulted cellar, with brick arches looming overhead. This is a little disconcerting. I could not figure out if this is architectural licence (i.e. lets make it look old), or if it really is old. There is a fair bit of concrete in the mix - I suppose that this is reassuring as I wouldn't want the proverbial or literal ton of bricks to come crashing down round my ears.

Reviewed 27 December 2016

A typical example on when the aspired level is way higher than reality unfortunately. The restaurant aims to give you a great experience, but can't really deliver. It might be due to that it's still fairly new though.

Design is a great fusion of modern and old. Menu promises a lot with a big selection of different dishes. The food served was really great, but portions way too small and the prices are high.

The wine list is displayed on a tablet. Nice touch, but kind of useless when its only a pdf or similar displayed. When its 25ish pages long it also makes it worse than if the same would be one paper.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

My contraption of this evening: smoked red beetroot wonderful connects with sheep milk panna cotta, and pumpkin cheesecake was a fantastic end of great evening with friends!