“Fantastic food”

Entresol
Ranked #7 of 1,166 Restaurants in Riga
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Fine dining in Riga! The food was excellent, truly 5 star. They had a wonderful wine list as well. The small plates were excellent but the entrees truly stole the show. I had the tiger shrimp and my husband had the dumplings. The price was unbeatable for such an exquisite fine dining experience. Possibly the best meal of our trip, and we are at a Michelin restaurant in Burgundy.

1  Thank Mallory C

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Had a very nice lunch at Entresol. The small dishes called "Knapas" was very good and the wines matching them was very good as well. The waiter was friendly and had good knowledge about the food and drinks.

2  Thank Patrick N
Reviewed 23 May 2018

The staff is very friendly, attentive and helpful. The small dishes, known as knapas (a play on words) are exciting pieces of starters that teases both your appetite and taste buds. I picked the dish of the day as main course, which was venison. The meat was perfectly prepared and was complimented with delicately prepared shallots, mini mushroom and so on. The dessert, their signature dishA.P.P.L.E., was good but more middle of the road compared to the rest.

All in all I would love to come back.

1  Thank Jens M
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

I lay my eyes in this restaurant already in my first trip in Riga this year so on my second trip I booked a table for 3. The food was really good and definitely to remember . They have lovely concept with “Knapas” which is the Latvian tapas. Small plates that you can order as starter and get 3 for the price of 11€. The rabbit pate with raspberry was to die for! Latvian influences through all the courses but elevated to a high level with beautiful set in the plate and clever mix of ingredients and flavors. The dessert kept the quality of the food both in taste and appearance. Good service and very good prices for that concept of restaurant. We payed 150 € for knapas, main courses ,dessert and wine for 3. I give though 4 stats instead of 5 and the reason is the decor. A restaurant of this level should pay more attention. I m sure there was a thought behind the plastic plants but I haven’t got it. Nice done front room by the bar but the inner hall needs to be updated.

1  Thank Nikos M
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

I recommend Entresol for delicious food and great service. Every dish I had (they have small appetizers called knappas which they recommend you order three as I did and all were excellent as was my main course, halibut). I was also impressed with the quality of the service and how personable and genuine they were. Thanks

1  Thank joe22255