“Not what we thought.”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed 29 June 2018

It looks good.
It has every potential to be good.
The food was very average, the service average, and the prices too high.
The setting is great. One of the waiters is great another terrile!
Not worth it.

1  Thank Maggith

Reviewed 21 June 2018

The restaurant looks lovely and inviting from outside and is quite pleasant, it is in a courtyard between 2 buildings. The waiter was friendly and I was very pleased to see lactose free food offered on the menu. Normally I eat hungarian food which is lovely but tempted by a lactose free spaghetti bolognese I opted for that. The only reason it was lactose free was because they didn't put cheese on, they bought out a small dish of what appeared to be cheddar cheese grated so I asked if it was lactose free, the answer no, so not a lactose free option then. I'd chosen differently if I'd have known. Anyway as I was eating the meal I suddenly became aware of a strange sensation on my teeth, couldn't quite work out what it was until I removed it from my mouth and discovered it was silver foil. Then I discovered several more small pieces, I called the waiter over and showed him and he apologised and offered to replace the meal, at this stage I really didn't want to eat anything from their kitchen, so I said I didn't want a replacement. Then I chose to go to the toilet and discovered how horrific they were which put me off even more. None of the doors would close, several toilets were out of order and there was toilet paper in the bowls and on the floor. There was no soap in the hand wash dispensers, several of which were in pieces. Couldn't wait to leave, my family ate their meals which they described as ok but nothing special. When they bought the receipt it was handwritten, with the price of my meal deducted and basically that was it, no real attempt to compensate me, a free meal or dessert, not that I would have accepted it but they just weren't bothered. Plenty of good places to eat in Budapest so avoid this one.

1  Thank DorP673
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

The restaurant looks really nice from the outside. Entrance is through a lovely archway into a courtyard between 2 buildings with a fountain. It looks so different from the other pavement cafe’s and when the friendly guy at the entrance assured me that they had a full page of vegetarian meals, I was convinced I’d found a gem. This is a perfect example that looks can deceive ! Turned out that there was only one thing that could pass as vegetarian and that was baked cheese that was coated in a thick layer of batter and tasted like leather. The salad looked tired. The only thing that had any taste was the rice. My husbands fish was equally unpalatable. Come here for a drink and enjoy the surroundings and the friendly waiters but steer clear of the food !

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Thanks guys, for a wonderful Chicken Paprikash and a great atmosphere. While the guy with the cowboy hat standing outside promoting the restaurant is a bit campy, I'm glad I came in. Service was excellent as well, and your waiters are patient, kind, and have a neat sense of humor. I'll be back next time I'm in Budapest again!

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Only popped in for drinks...but were welcomed by staff... refreshing drinks by fountain.. and drinks arrived with complementary snacks.. will come back for a meal..