Open today: 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM

from US$23.10
from US$75.00
from US$36.90
26,161 results
All reviews flip flops warm water hire towels beer spa private cabin changing rooms varying temperatures swimming cap relaxing experience few hours steam room visiting budapest heroes square beautiful building baths szechenyi belongings
Reviewed 2 May 2018

All of the indoor pools were gross and smelled really bad. The water was so cloudy you couldn't even see into it and the water was GREEN but yet reeked strongly of chemicals, so I stayed outside. It was so crowded and you had to pay extra for towels. Everyone hogged the chairs so couldn't even find somewhere to sit down. It was also extremely hot but no where sold any ice cream or popsicles. Unless you want alcohol you are almost out of luck. I also had a few coins with me to buy some snacks, but I was told they only accept bills. Huh? Why would I bring paper bills into a pool?

Overall not impressed with my experience.

1  Thank melissssau
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We went here in the evening, we got a package that included a lavender massage. It was so relaxing we loved it, being outdoor when it is very cold going in to the hot bath, I very much enjoyed it and would go back to Budapest just for this.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Unique exeperience. A spa that is more than 100 years old. We went on the weekend it was loaded. So much that in most of the pools and saunas it was impossible to get in. Maybe better to go early morning and weekday. Bring your own towel if you can, its extra charge.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

The pools at Szechenyi were brilliant. So warm and relaxing regardless of the number of people that were also there too. Could have spent hours in there if I didn’t mind turning into a lobster in the sun!

The only difficulty we had was right at the beginning trying to get in. We went to the information desk as we had booked in advance to skip the hassle of queuing. We were told we needed to get in line with everyone else to get a wristband, and after reaching the front, the cashier insisted we needed to go back to where we came from. Again from the information desk we were redirected again to another customer help desk which was rather hidden away where we got our wristbands to enter.

Other than that, the experience was great and is worth doing. Just make sure you if you pre book, you go through the doors and to the right to the correct desk!

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I booked my skip-the-line entrance ticket, a 45 minute massage and a private cabin a month before coming to Budapest.
Everyone who work there was super friendly and helpful! They walked me everywhere I needed to go for my massage and to get the special electronic watch-thingy (waterproof, used to open your cabin and show what you have booked).
The little miniature cabins are so perfect for keeping all of my things safe and having a spot to change clothes.

The water in the thermal pools and baths is so amazing! The massage was awesome (I chose orange oil and the girl was able to get the knots out of my back and legs)!

I was even impressed with the food choices. Fresh sandwiches, hot dishes, both vegetarian and with meat, rice, chips, pastries and desserts, so much to choose from… Along with over-the-counter junk food that you sometimes want when you’re out of pool!

I highly recommend spending half or a full day here. It’s wonderful. Oh, and bring a book!

There are showers and changing rooms if you want to be able to go straight from the spa to out and about exploring.

I also recommend exploring the park that the thermal pool and spa is in. It has several little bars and restaurants and some beautiful buildings… Along with a museum looks like a castle!

Date of experience: May 2018