2,939 results
All reviewsbridge barprivilege roomkalvin terpool and saunametro stationnational museumexcellent locationbusiness tripmarket hallwalking distancecity breakthe riverdouble roomcentral locationvaci streetmini barhop on hop
Reviewed 19 June 2018

stayed here before yome years ago - seems nothing changed, to the good or bad.
reception area was flooded with asian tourists, seemed quite hectic.
check in worked fine, check out did not work, credit-card facilities were off-line, also parking tickets could not be valuated.
rooms pretty standard.
good for one night with no much expectations to luxuory.
was booked in a priviledged room, so had breakfast at a separate floor (2nd).
good selection for breakfast
if you tend to come by car and want to park in the car-park - better be a good driver or drive a small city car, as the bends in the car park are very tight!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Jo_Chen_Lah
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Jo_Chen_Lah,

Thank you for your time to share with us your experience after your stay in our hotel.
I am really sorry for the inconvenience because of our system did not work properly during your stay, that's why the situation may seemed a bit chaotic, but our colleagues always try to do their best.
It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future at the Mercure Korona.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We had a standard room which was clean and covered the basic requirements. Bathroom was small, but adequate. Breakfast was good and we found the staff helpful. There was some construction nearby which was a bit noisy, but that was not a fault of the hotels.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear philippagoile,

Thank you for your nice words. I am really pleased to get positive feedback from you.
Our staff is always more than happy to help our guests to make their stay more comfortable and yes, our location is our highest advantage.
It is our hope to welcome you in our hotel soon again.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

I got a very old room which was not only badly maintained (bathroom, walls, noisy air condition) but also very dirty. My room was not cleaned before my arrival and I found traces of predecessors. Yellow stains on towels were not reassuring. 2 of 3 elevators were out of operation - imagine the queue in the morning. I have got a lot of apologies from the hotel afterwards. I would have preferred getting a room which meets the standard.

Room Tip: Get a renovated room!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank T P
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear T P,

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your full expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies regarding the cleanliness of the room. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

After making a reservation, I have contacted the hotel asking if a NICER room can be assigned as we were coming to celebrate a special birthday - response was “thank you for your email, we wish your mother a happy birthday” - NICE ROOM - not. Can one explain what does your cleaning staff use to wipe the floors and walls in the bathrooms when someone else’s pubic hairs are stuck on a wall above the toilet next to the ventilator?! Disgusting.

Staff was sooo sooo. When I asked concierge to please call a restaurant and ask if the place needs a reservation, response was “ Yes, you can call Sir, i give you a phone”

It’s 27 of May, the DAY board in te breakfast room still says 25.05 Thunder and Rain Today - last 48hrs been sunny and hot.

Room was ok, stuffy and tired, definitely needs a make over.

Breakfast restaurant was a bordello. See the pictures. Staff is slow as snails or simply doesn’t care - guest had to move dirty plates from tables to get space to sit down. Hot offerings would be constantly empty for good 30/40 min, before a new portion would be brought out. Coffee machines are not attended - it’s not that hard to wipe (with a clean cloth).

IBIS, which is literally 200m away is much better attended, by management that obviously cares.

Shape Up, Or Ship Out. Would I stay again - not until management rethinks it’s approach to clients.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2018

The room was great. Fridge, safe, nice clean bathroom, air conditioning, free water to drink every day, tea kettle, Nespresso machine with two coffees. You are in the center and can see the lively town at the river Danube, choose from many restaurants and pubs or just go for a walk and take some pics of the parliament and Buda castle.
Breakfast is OK, its good to get up a bit early to avoid the crowd that comes to breakfast around 8 a.m. and enjoy a window seat looking at Budapest people going to work.
Parking is for the brave. It's good to have parking sensors on your car. But for an experienced driver, it's not a problem. If you are two, the passenger can help too. I have seen tighter parking lots.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business