2,934 results
All reviewsbridge barprivilege roomkalvin terpool and saunametro stationnational museumexcellent locationbusiness tripmarket hallwalking distancecity breakthe riverdouble roomcentral locationvaci streetmini barhop on hop
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Second time staying here because it is just so convenient for all the sights. It is a 5 minute walk to Liberty Bridge and the city shops and restaurants in Pest. Well connected by Metro at Kálvin Ter on line 3.
The hotel is starting to look a little tired now but is embarking on a refurbishment programme. I look forward to seeing it when it is complete.
Breakfast is the usual continental style but well stocked and good quality.
Hotel staff are very friendly and the My Bar staff are very attentive.
The hotel is not expensive but is comfortable, quiet and does the job. I will be back after the refurb!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear LeeK78,
Thank you for your time to share your experience with Mercure Budapest Korona. Yes, the great location is one of the biggest advantages of our hotel. We are close to the airport, to some railway stations, but the most interesting sights of this beautiful city are within walking distance. I am very delighted to read your positive comments about the staff,the breakfast and the services.
It is our hope to welcome you back again in our hotel.
Best regards.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We arrived on the Monday afternoon, we thought the room was nice and they checked us in fast with help taking bags up to our room.
We was woken up, on the Tuesday, by a huge amount of noise. They seemed to be doing renovations right above our room. A huge amount of loud banging and drilling at 9am. We were on holiday and couldn't understand why we had been woken up at that time. We couldn't even talk to one another because the noise was so loud.
We went down to reception and they were very quick to move us to another room the other side of the hotel, in which it was quiet and peaceful. Although happy about this we couldn't understand why they would even put guests there anyway?
Other than that we were very happy with our stay. We did not eat at the hotel as we wanted to go out and explore and try places around the city. One bad thing about the hotel is that brits love tea, where was the tea? you could make coffee in your room but no tea.

Room Tip: Ask if you will be next to any building work going on !! haha
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Luke S,
First i would like to thank you for taking time to share with us your comments regarding your stay in Mercure Budapest Korona.
I'm sorry that your experience did not meet your full expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. As you've already mentioned, we have just started a huge renovation process that will be completed in 2 years, having 400 brand new and modern rooms and new public areas.
I can assure you that we took the necessary steps to prevent any similar mistake like this in the future. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

When having some days of meetings in the city, I am always happy to stay at the Mercure Korona. Rooms will be refurbished later this year, which is great news. I prefer to stay in a Privilege room with assets like a king-size bed, Nespresso coffee machine, free water and access to the Bridge Lounge. Found the staff in the lounge (Zoltán, Sándor and Alexandra) extremely helpful and nice. Made me feel at home away from home :)

Room Tip: Try the privilege rooms overlooking the Kálvin square!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear PPalko,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us following your stay in Mercure Budapest Korona. I am very pleased to read positive comments about our team members and the services . I will certainly forward your nice words to my colleagues. Thank you again for your comments and we hope you choose our hotel during your next stay in our city! Best regards

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a 3 day stay in the above hotel, overall it was quite nice, room although small was comfortable, bath was a little cramped.

My main disappointment was they can’t make tea, a small thing you may think, but people still drink a lot of tea. You don’t make tea by putting the water in the cup first, then the milk and finally the tea bag? You could serve yourself with a machine that had hot water, but if staff are going round with a trolley asking guests what they want to drink, they should be taught how tea is made, and if you made the mistake as I did of asking for tea from the roving trolley the water was at best tepid. Otherwise breakfast was ok just.

So I’ve given it 4 and that’s being generous, in truth 3 1/2 would be a fair score

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Dear Graeme1709,
thank you for rating and reviewing us on Tripadvisor, and thank you very much that you draw our attention on many things. Our plan was to give some special treatment with the staff who is going around with the trolley but I have to admit that our efforts gone wrong. We gladly inform you that we will train our staff to improve the service of tea-making. It is our pleasure that beside this small uncomfortable feature you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope, you will return in the near future. With best regards, Eszter

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Arrived with the car-garage ist just arround the corner-they could but they don”t park the car fot their guests.Rooms are small but enough to sleep in.Bed is low-not nice to stand up from,matresses with springs man can feel.All this would be somehow exceptable till man doesn”t go to the bathroom.Not clean and also the glooring in the room was not vacumed therily.I know that the hotel is under renovation but when I came in the room workers wew using machines in the room above-afternoon rest was not possible.
Staff at the front desk speak english,duringthe lunch and breakfast in the restaurant no one.
Food is.....eatable and that is all.
I”m a modest guest but here I really was dissapointed.Luckily my stay there was short.
The advantage is only the location of the building and existance of the garage near by oall thouhh it costs cca.24 Eur/day.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Dear Nives A,
Thank you for your comments. Your remarks are important to us and will enable us to improve the quality of our offer and services in a matter to satisfy our guests' needs and expectations.
I am sorry that your experience did not meet your full expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies because of the renovation noise and bathroom cleanliness.
As you mentioned, we are renovating our rooms now. Our new 100 rooms will be available from March and I can assure you that these rooms will answer all your demands in terms of furniture, vibe, facilities and cleanliness.
Our garage is self-service as in most of the hotels in Budapest, and its pricing is based on our central location. Not cheap, it is true but at least exists...
I am glad that you have found our front desk staff well-prepared and professional. I will let them know about your comment.
We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon.