Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel
Kapital Inn(Budapest)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
2,846 results
All reviewsbridge barprivilege roomkalvin terpool and saunametro stationnational museumexcellent locationbusiness tripmarket hallwalking distancecity breakthe rivercentral locationexcellent breakfasthop on hopvaci streetpublic transportation
Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

After traveling with a Trafalgar tour for 3 weeks we were excited at the prospect of staying at a Mercure hotel. We were greeted by a very accommodating receptionist and taken to our room by a friendly porter. To say that room is small would be an understatement, however as we planned on sightseeing and only sleeping in it, we decided it was bearable despite the creaky beds and yellowed linens.

On our first night we thought ordering pizza was the best option since arriving late. However, when asking reception for the number or a menu we only experienced hostility (different staff member to check in). After attempting to order we discovered the phone in our room did not work. When trying to discuss this with the man at reception he informed us that 'As a 4 star hotel with a functioning restaurant he would not be assisting us'. When I queried about the phone it became very obvious that he was not interested in entering further conversation with me.

Overall, the location in good for both sides of the river but that doesn't excuse rudeness of staff. Personally, I'd think that a 4 star hotel would be more accomodating than something lower.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank rjbar2
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Dear rjbar2,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your full expectations. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

The hotel is within walking distance to all the main streets, very easy to get to from the airport, the metro station is right outside the hotel. The room we stayed in was in the other building, across the bridge which is reached inside the hotel, it was quite warm even though it was 0 degrees outside and was a wee bit small also but sure all we needed it for was a bed and shower. Breakfast was included and it set us up nicely for the day.Would definitely stay here again

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Dear williac6,
Many thanks for the nice words which you posted to TripAdvisor. I am very glad to read your positive remarks regarding your stay in our hotel; I will make sure to share them with my team. Thank you again! We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

A decent and centrally placed Hotel. Close to the tram, the bus and the Metro station. And we always had taxi drivers avaliable in the front of the Hotel.

We had a bad experience with dirty and smelly towels serveral times. The toilet of the hotelroom was not fresh and modern. And the rest of the hotelroom was okay, nothing special.

The Hotel had a pool which was small, and an old massage lady sittning and watching you while being in the pool. A bit uncomfortable. Due to that, we only visited it once.

The service of the staff was okay. Some better while others more arrogant. But nothing i thought much about since we did not have much contact with the staff.

If you dont have the breakfast included in your reservation, the Hotel takes out a 10 euro fee per person. A price that does not match the Budapest prices.

In general, normal prices, centrally placed Hotel, an okay feeling!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear DaliMire,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your full expectations, let me apologize for the inconvenience. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

This place is awful. Just...awful. Our family stayed in 2 rooms on the 8th floor of the "old" building, my parents in one room and me my husband and our 6 month old in the other. The rooms are hideous. The decor is drab and cheap and the walls, curtains and bedspread were dirty. The bed was 2 twins pushed together with not so much as a mattress cover to make it seems as if it were one bed. The quilt and duvet cover were yellowish white from age and the stuffing of the quilt was matted together into lumps. The pullows are flat squares. The shower head pointed straight out into the bathroom which flooded everytime we showered and leaked out on the the carpet in the front of the bathroom so the room smelled like old feet/wet dog the whole time we were there. The sliding closet door fell off the first time I opened it. The wall was also dirty. For 2 days no one cleaned our room. I went to complain the morning of our 3rd day. When we returned back 4 hours later the door had been fixed but the room was not cleaned. When I went back to the front to complain I was told there were diapers all over the floor. Total lie. There was 1 diaper on the floor next to the garbage which was full because no one had emptied it for almost 3 days. And even if there had been diapers on the floor does that mean the room can't be cleaned? Also, my parents room was not cleaned in that time either. The rooms are also VERY dark...little only by 2 small bed lights and 2 what seem to be unstable ikea lamps. Seriously consider staying ANYWHERE else if you are travelling to Budapest.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2017

Dear Martha M,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Your remarks will enable us to improve the quality of our offer and services in a matter to satisfy our guests' needs and expectations; thank you. I sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

amazing hotel close the city center, just 15 minutes walking. the staff is very good, except the guy in the bar with glasses, very rude.
The services are the best.
The cleaning is good, also the breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business

Dear Discoverymars,
Thank you for your remarks following your stay in our hotel. I am pleased to read your positive comment about your stay and especially regarding our staff. They always do their best to make our Guests' stay more comfortable. We hope we can have the chance to accommodate you in our hotel again!