1,961 results
All reviews metro station privilege room castle district decent hotel transport links hotel is located nice breakfast fisherman's bastion chain bridge buda city supermarket minibar kettle buses europe tickets
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Mercure because we had a meeting there in their conference center. It is convenient to the train station and within walking distance of Buda Castle. The rooms are simple, nothing fancy. They offer a breakfast buffet which was very good. However the people made the difference. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Amine Z, General Manager at Mercure Budapest Buda, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2018

Dear Our Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments here. I am really glad you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and in Budapest and I am especially thankful for your nice words about our staff. I hope we can welcome you again in our hotel soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Stayed in this Hotel from Tuesday 30th October - Thursday 1st November. Was OK. As we were out travelling around 90% of our stay I would say its perfect for the good nights sleep. Room comes with a kettle, prepared with tea and coffee. Which is a lovely touch. Bathroom is very small. Staff are helpful however understand minimal english and not much information on the area. Would come again if I visit budapest fora second time. Location is perfect. Down the road from tubes, and able to walk into the city centre. We walked all the time! See more views.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Amine Z, General Manager at Mercure Budapest Buda, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Dear Our Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. On one hand it is my pleasure to know that you were satisfied with the location and with the room equipment. On the other hand I appreciate your negative remarks as well that helps us to find the way how to improve our services. I hope to welcome You back soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Just a night stay during our booked tour. Location is excellent with a few minutes from the Fisherman's Bastion. the room is rather small especially the bathroom which, although being very used to the Japanese small bathroom, is small and not sufficiently ventilated - so you will feel a bit like suffocating.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 513Tim513
Amine Z, General Manager at Mercure Budapest Buda, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear Our Guest,

Thank you for your comments. Your remarks are important to us and will enable us to improve the quality of our offer and services in a matter to satisfy our guests' needs and expectations. Although our hotel has been refurbished in the past years, we will definitely include your comments into our next renovation plan. We sincerely hope we can welcome you back in the city and in our hotel.

Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

I am writing about the experience of our stay at Mercure Budapest Buda as we are still staying here. We did the blunder of booking 3 nights at this property which is more of a suffocating chamber. Having checked in we experienced stuffiness in just 15 mins due to no air conditioning in the room. When we called and told that the room is like a hot stuffy chamber and there is no air conditioning, the person at reception told us that they can either keep the temperature for all rooms cool or make it hot and as it's winter the temperature would be on the hotter side and can't be changed, even if some is suffocated. It's not even winter here yet. We immediately went out for sight seeing during the day hoping it would be better in the evening. But it just got worse. We can't the same reason the the room cannot be cooled even if we are feeling hot. The was fan provided in the room, which is not of much help. My wife now is feeling giddy and unwell in the room and we are stuck here. I have stayed at other Mercure/Accor properties and never subjected to such torture. Not sure what's the situation during summer here, but this hotel is clearly incompetent and must be avoided during winters for sure. They don't even carry any warning in their web pages of booking sites about this limitation. Pathetic hotel providing pathetic experience. AVOIDABLE!!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Our Guest,

We thank you for your comments. Your remarks are important to us and will enable us to improve the quality of our offer and services in a matter to satisfy our guests' needs and expectations. I already shared your feedback with my Team and made the necessary steps to prevent such an inconvenience in the future. We sincerely hope to see you back in our hotel.
With best regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2018

Overall, an enjoyable 4 night stay at this hotel located on the Buda side of the city.. Room was spacious, comfortable and clean. The breakfast was great, a wide variety of options to choose from. The staff were friendly and helpful and the location of the hotel is a very short walk (5 mins) from a Metro link which takes you straight over to the city centre (Pest). It was slightly let down by the refurbishment work taking place on the same corridor as us (room 830). Whilst I appreciate that the refurbishment is to improve standards, comfort, etc (and can be clearly seen to do just this on adjacent corridors) having builders, fitters, etc working just a few doors away from our room, wasn't ideal. Although, they did not disturb us or adversely affect our stay. We were told via email after our booking but before our visit that refurbishment was taking place but we were not concerned as we had been informed it was beginning on the last day of our stay. However, the work had already started on our corridor before we arrived, just 4 rooms away. It would have been better to be more up front about the refurbishment rather than finding workmen, tools and power leads on the corridor on arrival.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Our Guest,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. On one hand it is my pleasure to know that you were satisfied with the hotel room and the breakfast. On the other hand I appreciate your negative remarks as well that helps us to find the way how to improve our services. I hope to welcome You back soon.
Best regards,