All reviewsa small swimming pooltram stopbudget hotelhot showerthe riveryogurtbuda sidequiet areahotel is situatedfamily roomtop floorcontinental breakfastcomfy bedair conrooms are cleanwould stay here againpleasant stay
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Firstly, the staff here were amazing. They were very helpful and attended to our every need.

There was a few things that let the hotel itself down, one of which was there was no air conditioning. Although we were here in the winter the room had no ventilation and there was no breeze. The room was roasting and the only window opened into the communal Hall where we heard the other residents coming and going through the night.

This hotel is on the the Buda side of the city which was further away from all the tourist things. It didn't bother us too much but it might other people.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2018

I visited Budapest on 8th January 2018, beautiful city well worth a visit. Wish accommodation was the same
I stayed in Hotel Papillon. All ok the hotel has apartments with cooking facilities,there is a micro wave cooker but not a cup,any form of dish,utensils, nothing.The heat never came on but it wasn't very cold there and I didn't spend much time in room
To crown it all was the woman at the desk,I am around a very long time and have travelled all over world, and never in all my days have I met such a downright rude woman who has no idea of customer relations
I am not a person who complains for all small silly things ,but I'll never forget this staff member
the hotel itself is well located,cheap and hygiene is ok
bernadette

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank Bernadette C
Reviewed 10 January 2018

A small but very nice hotel almost on the top of Buda hill Rozahegy. The rooms are clean and beds are good. In summer the backyard garden with a small swimming pool is an oasis. The hotel has got a small restaurant. There you get breakfast in the morning and good homemade food in the evening. Here you feel like at home, but don´t expect Hilton standard.

Room Tip: Two family rooms on the top have nice terrace with a view.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helka L
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel as part of a tour group. Even though I was traveling solo, I was given a family room on 2nd floor. This room could accommodate 4-5 people easily. The room had a view of the building across the street.
Amenities were basic. Comfy bed and shower in the bathroom. Though it looked dated, everything worked as it should. Don’t stay here and expecting Hilton properties standard.
Included breakfast in the morning a was pleasant surprise, offered an array of selection of eggs, toast, fruits, yoghurt, cereals, milk etc. Even a picky eater like myself could find something to fill my belly. I stayed only a night.
The location makes up for its shortcomings. It took me 10-15 minutes walk to the riverside, it’s near plenty of bus and tram stops to take me to the Pest side. Google map helped me to get around easily. Overall, it was pleasant stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank easternjava
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Not too expencive, clean but small rooms. Helpfull staff. Best part is that iti is near old town Budim and river Danube and Parliament. We were supised that many restaurants nearby do not work on Sunday evening.

Room Tip: Ask for a big room.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business