1,627 results
All reviewscity centrenice hotelthermal poolsmargaret islandpublic transportthai massagegreat spasziget festivalthe rivershuttle serviceexecutive roomspa facilitiestrain stationsteam roomreception staffbuda sidebuffet breakfast
Reviewed 10 February 2018

It seems like the standards in budapest are not aligned with the rest of europe.
We stayed in this hotel for a conference, we were organizing. It took al lot of effort to explain and keep explaining that meeting rooms need to be prepared before the sessions begin.
The hotel itself is somewhat outdated. The interior of the rooms could be better, especially the bathroom. Lots of people complained about the humming noise from the ventilation system.
The hotel restaurant is quite Ok, but do not expect anything special.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
ManagementBudapest, General Manager at The Aquincum Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and thank you for taking a time to write your experiences.
We regret to read that you were not satisfied with the organization and hotel facilities. Please accept our apology for the noise.
Hope to provide better service and see you in the future.
Gábor Nemes

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Well, I have felt in this hotel as I did while during a trip in Egypt. The 5* of the hotel, probably would worth 5 somewhere far away from Europe. Guys, it is very cold in the rooms, bathroom heating was absent and they charge 5 EUR an espresso at breakfast time...

Room Tip: Just run as quick as you can...do not stay!!!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
ManagementBudapest, Ügyvezető igazgató at The Aquincum Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for staying at The Aquincum Hotel Budapest.
Thank you for taking the time to writing your experiences.
we deeply apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. Please be assured that we do take comments very seriously to avoid same incidents in the future.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you.
I remain with my best regards,

Reviewed 30 January 2018

When I arrived at The Aquincum Hotel I went to the check-in, where I was welcomed by a man employee, whose name I couldn't remember, unfortunately. After I filled in the form for the checking in he asked me to give 100 euro for the deposit for the mini bar (?!) in case if I consume something during my stay. We tried to make the transaction via my credit card, for which he wanted me to provide a pin... I have never used a pin with my credit card, which made it impossible for me to pay using this payment method. I had to give almost all of my euro cash that I had just because I have been asked to pay in advance for the minibar, for the whole period that I am staying at the hotel. However, during this whole thing was happening, a small queue with approx. 4 people, has appeared. I asked the gentleman if I could change the payment method and give him cash, then he nervously asked if I could wait aside for 5 min, while he takes care of the rest of the people on the queue and then we could continue with the checking in. At this point, I couldn't believe that I have been asked to move aside, even though I already had the money in my hands, so I told the man that I also have things to do and I am actually in a hurry as well.
To that he responded with, "EXCUSE ME MADAM, BUT THOSE GUESTS ARE BUSINESSMEN!".
Well, thank you! How does this make them a priority?! In fact, I was also on a business trip, with the only difference that I am a 24 years old, woman, not dressed in a suit and tie. Why didn't he called someone else to take care of the checking out of the businessmen and CHECK ME IN, the actual and potential future guest of the hotel??
Apart from this experience the hotel is fine, the breakfast was tasty and various, the executive club rooms are also nice. The humiliation at the reception has costed you the minus rating that I am giving you.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank AdelinaS109
ManagementBudapest, Ügyvezető igazgató at The Aquincum Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear Adelina.

First of all, we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen The Aquincum Hotel Budapest for your stay. We are happy to read that your general experience is positive, you were satisfied with the breakfast, room and executive area.

On the other hand, we are deeply sorry that you had to experience such as inconvenient situation during your check-in process.
Once again, I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for the unpleasant events, it is truly regrettable that we did not manage to meet your expectations. I genuinely hope that you will give us another chance to make this up to you and better serve you.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

I went with my boyfriend to Budapest for a nice birthday weekend (2 nights), so we booked the Aquincum Hotel deal we found on urlaubsguru.at. I still can't believe this hotel has a rate of 4 to 5 stars when in reality it's a 2 ! It's unbelievable how some good edited photos can fool you sometimes !
I don't even know with what to start.
First of all, the room was a disaster. Like every person in this world, when I book a hotel, I would like my room to be clean ! It was not ! When we first opened the door, a very bad smell of cigarettes hit us right in the face, the bed sheets had coffee stains, the "coffee table" was dirty, the furniture very old and dusty, and this was supposed to be the "superior double room". In every corner of the room were spider webs and the radiators were out of order so we freezed during the night.
2. The spa area was small, small pools, a very small whirlpool, the water was filled with way too much chlorine, I could barely hold my eyes opened because I was literally crying tears, the air was hard to breathe so we had to leave.
3. Breakfast was nothing special, everything was dirty, the plates, the cutlery, the cups of coffee, and most of all the milk container had these very gross brown dried milk stains on the inside, I suppose everything was superficially washed for years or since the hotel was opened.
The only positive things about the hotel, were the employees. They were all very friendly and polite.
Unfortunately, it's not enough for us to go back again. It was the first and the last time there...

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Roxana C
ManagementBudapest, Ügyvezető igazgató at The Aquincum Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us and for taking your time to write this feedback. We regret to read that you were not satisfied with our Hotel. Please accept our apology for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay, we will make sure to make improvements in the future so that such problems will never happen again.

We hope that despite the inconveniences we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

We visited Budapest for a new years trip and then stayed at this hotel. The staff is friendly but it doesn't feel or looks like a 5 star hotel. Its about 35 min walk to the main streets in Pest so if you are looking for a hotel in middle of the city this is not the place. They have a SPA and pool area at the hotel and to access this area you need to pay a fee. In my opinion this should be free to visit if you were a guest at the hotel. Generally this hotel looks outdated and should be up for a rehabilitation soon.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
ManagementBudapest, General Manager at The Aquincum Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our hotel. We regret to read that you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel. We are offering rooms with spa access, so it is depanding on your reservation. We sorry for the inconvenience. We hope to provide better service in the future.
Gábor Nemes