“Pre-theater Dinner”

Price range: US$11 - US$34
Cuisines: Hungarian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Pesti Diszno, the essence of Bistro The bistro is the place where simple, delicious food is prepared from fresh, quality ingredients. The 'Diszno' is the place where quick, hearty lunches at noon and gourmet dinners await. The bistro is the place where you can sample the country`s finest wines with your friends. The 'Diszno' is the place where you can spend quality time, at ease. Tasty, fresh, affordable. Pesti Diszno, the essence of Bistro. Chef: Bekesi Peter Andras. Opening Hours Monday-Sunday: 9 a.m. - 12 a.m.
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We came for an early dinner since we had theater tickets that night. The place had nice outdoor seating on this warm evening and we were not overly hungry so we settled for some appetizers and drinks. Also check the large chalkboard for daily specials. Both the food and the service were very good. It seemed to be frequented by both locals and a few tourists. Try the cold appetizer plate for two. It had a nice selection of traditional Hungarian meat items.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

It's next to the opera, it was our local guide who sent us to this place, thank god for that! The food was amazing. I had the chicken breast who was really soft with a great sauce. The proportion was big for the price. You get a lot for a small price!

Reviewed 27 May 2018

When people think of Hungarian restaurants, they imagine places which are quite formal, with Gypsy (Roma) music played on violins or cymbaloms. You won't find stuff like this at Pesti Diszno! It has a contemporary decor, with pop/rap music played in the background. Great Hungarian dishes are served up by a friendly staff. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

A nice restaurant in the Centre of Budapest, well priced with a good variety of both food and wine options the menu, pork is their specialty, don’t miss the pork tenderloin and the croquettes. Great friendly, helpful service.
Would recommend

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

I came here one day for breakfast, it looked lovely from the outside which is what attracted me to it. It was just my friend & I. We waited 20 minutes for our drinks only which may I say were soft drinks so no mixing required and a further 15 minutes for our breakfast/ lunch. I ordered pancakes, and my friend ordered a chicken caeasar salad. Considering this bistro was situated in a busy part of town you would imagine they would be able to provide a sufficient service which was not the case. A group of tourist roughly 8 people came into the bistro hoping for some food and were refused with no good reason as there was free seats so it makes me wonder is the chef not capable of serving in a busy environment? Which is not good enough. The staff were not friendly in the slightest just efficient is all