All reviews broadway hotel gym staff free swimming pool washing machine big pool wifi router great gym living room spa bath hotel apartment opera house well equipped gym large bedroom fully equipped kitchen main building decent location room was spotlessly clean
Reviewed 1 October 2018

This is a well reviewed hotel, maybe I didn't do enough research but what I got was very different from what I expected!

Upon arrival, the lobby looks very clinical or industrial, more like somewhere you'd go to pick up a parcel than to check in to an expensive room. I arrived shortly after midnight, and there were 2 staff behind the desk, but only one seemed to be available, which meant I had to wait almost 30 minutes to check in. The customer in front of me was having some issues, and they took some time to resolve.

When I finally got my key and went upstairs, I was disappointed at the state of the lift, and the walls in the corridor.

However, I have to say the room was spacious and clean. The bathroom has a bath and a proper shower, the fittings all worked well etc. However, there was no TV in the bedroom, and the TV that was in the lounge area was one of the old box type ones - it just looked like it was from the 1990s.

The aircon was just about adequate, there were separate controls for the bedroom and living area, but even with them turned to max cold, it was still a little too warm in the rooms. I wouldn't like to be relying on them in mid-summer if that's what it's like in 20 degrees September.

I don't know where they get the pictures for the brochures, but the outside of the hotel doesn't look too beautiful either, and the area doesn't look great either.

Maybe my expectations were too high, but I just felt underwhelmed with this hotel, and hopefully my experiences will help you to set your expectations.

I would definitely try somewhere else before I would consider the Bliss again :(

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2018

The virtues I chose this hotel were:
a. Centrally located and near public transportation. It is in city center between the Oktogon and the opera house. It is near the metro M1 line and trams 4 and 6. not far from the big trains and transportation center of Nugaty (West) central station. You can find all kinds of restaurants in very short distance as well.
b. It is suitable for families as well. The hotel has rooms apartments for 2-5 persons in an apartment. Each apartment includes kitchen appliances. Very comfortable bedrooms and living rooms.
c. Relatively new furnitures with a lot of storage areas.
d. Inside free swimming pool and equipped gymnastic hall. The pool is big and water depth is 140-150 cm along its full length.
e. Reasonable price.
f. Dining room, including vegetables for breakfast and much more..

I came with my children and grandchildren located in 4 one-bedroom apartments. My family was very pleased for all the above mentioned reasons. In addition, the hotel staff was very cooperative with warm and kind attitude, starting by the reservation manager Gabor Papa, the reception ladies Alexandra and Rika and the dining hall manager Melinda and her assistant.
The only issue occurred in my apartment No. 509. The air condition gave a wind blowing or heating and not cold blowing. It was an issue since two of the apartment walls are made by glass and the sun heated the room through the glass. It was explained that the hotel moved centrally to central heating system (September). However in my family other 3 apartments (505, 507 and 602) the air conditioning produced cold blowing and it was much better and convenient than in my apartment. Until this issue will be fixed in room 509 then it may be appropriate for cold days accommodation and in winter time. An additional small issue was lack of shower handset in the bath (other apartments were equipped with the shower handset in their bath). In bathroom there are a bath and a shower corner with a shower above the head. This 509 apartment is missing a washing machine- to those who expect this machine. it was equipped in the other apartment of my family.
Housekeeping is done daily. There are two elevators- one of them quite small.
For apartment 509 I can mark it by grade 7.8 and other 3 apartments by mark 9.5 each. So the average mark for my family in the 4 apartments is 9.1.
When visiting again in Budapest I'll choose again this property and will ask for the other rooms unless it will be in winter then room 509 will be nice to have s well.
I liked this property and recommend it for others as well.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Only a stone's throw from everything. Brilliant transport links. Shopping centres and local shops and restaurants. Hotel boasts spacious and comfortable rooms with all the amenities. Cooker, fridge, kitchen. Ideal for families. Stunning swimming pool, hot steam room and gym ..rooms has air con TV and loads of space. close to parliament and Margret island. Highly recommended.. we had a great stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank trev b
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Rooms look nothing like the photos. Basic, clean, large so ok. Gym fantastic. Pool fine. Service was good at reception. Easy 10min walk to centre. Very quiet at night which was great. Don’t bother with breakfast as loads of places close by!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Harriet P
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

If you want to keep up your gym routine on vacation, this is the place for you.

Great gym, with lots to do. And a big pool, sauna, and steam room.

Room was nice. And good location too.

The breakfast buffet was also great, which is nice if you just had a heavy lifting day in the morning.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple