4,837 results
All reviewsrooftop poolcontinental zaraaraz restaurantgallery bargreat hotelrevolving doorjewish quarterwellness centrestandard roomszimpla kertruin barspillow menutop floorcity breakspa facilitiesthe riverbars and restaurants
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Stayed at the Continental for a business trip. Lovely hotel with a grand reception area. They were very helpful during the booking process for our group and did their outmost to accomodate various allergies and dietary requirements for us. Conference facilities were ok and so were the lunches.

My room was nice and clean, but the bathroom was on the smaller side. Had breakfast through roomservice, which was also nice.

Did not have the time to enjoy the spa/pool or any other services. All in all a nice stay!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Zoltan_Geher, Ügyvezető igazgató at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear LillSk,

I greatly appreciate that you considered taking a few minutes to write this honest review and share it on TripAdvisor, following your most recent stay at our hotel.

First of all, I am glad that you loved our lovely hotel and our grand reception area has left such a great impression in you. Also, I would like to thank you for mentioning our very helpful staff, they are always ready to help our kind. Moreover, it is amazing that you were satisfied with the conferences facilities and you nice and clean room was to your liking. As for the bathroom, I am so sorry, that you feel it was not spacious enough. Apart from this, it makes me really happy that you had a nice stay.

I would be honored if you choose our hotel again on your next visit to Budapest. Hope to see you soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located a bit north of most sightseeing attractions. Nevertheless most things are still in walking distance if you want to make sightseeing about walking through the city, as we did. The hotel is situated in a very old building which gives it a nice balance of modern elegance and historic flair.

The rooms were very nice and clean. We had a room that looked over the the inner courtyard which meant there was no street noise whatsoever. The beds were comfortable, even though we were not able to get a real double bed (king or queen), as it was rather two twin bed put next to each other. We had a problem with the air condition unfortunately, as there was no way to really cool the room down. So it was basically set to 25 degrees 24/7 unless you turned it off.

The breakfast buffet had the normal variety you would expect from a good hotel, we really enjoyed it! The staff is friendly and helpful.

For another weekend trip to Budapest, we would probably come back!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear travelpalm,

It was so nice of you to take your time to share this lovely feedback with us and with the TripAdvisor community!
To begin with, I am pleased with the fact that the location was to your liking as everything was within walking distance. Also, I am glad that you highlighted your nice, clean and quiet room and you were pleased with the comfortable bed. However, I am so sorry that you had some problem due to the air condition. Apart from this, I am thrilled that you really enjoyed the breakfast you took at Araz and you found our staff friendly and helpful. Last, but not least, it is very heart-warming to hear that you would be happy to spend few more nights at our hotel in the future.

Once again, thank you for the positive feedback, hope your travel plans bring you back to Budapest soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2018

We stayed at this great hotel for 4 nights.
It was fantastic value for money and well located for all main city attractions.
All staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast buffet provided many different tasty choices. We particularly enjoyed the pancakes!
Our room was the smallest on offer but just right for what we needed and very clean and comfortable.
We made good use of the relaxing bar area (great cocktails!) and the spa facilities each day. The jacuzzi was particularly welcome after a morning sightseeing in the snowy blizzard!
Would definitely recommend the hotel and will return should we visit Budapest again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear cperry1981,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience.

First and foremost, it makes me immensely happy that you think our hotel is a fantastic value for money and you loved our location. Also,I would like to thank you for mentioning our very friendly and helpful staff, your kind words will reach them for sure. Further on, I am delighted that you were pleased with the breakfast, especially with the pancakes. In addition, it is amazing that you could enjoy the relaxing bar area as well as our lovely spa. However, I am extremely sorry that you feel your room was not spacious enough, please note that we have 4
different room types operating with different sizes as well.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not so distant future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 15 February 2018

This hotel is a real 4 star hotel : good and attentive staff, very good location in the middle of the vibrant 7th district ,good breakfast buffet and wellness center with moderate prices for massage treatments. We asked for softer pillows which were brought to our room immediately. Only remark to make is that the curtains don't close completely.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Frank V
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Dear Mr Frank V,

Let me begin with expressing my thankfulness for your brilliant review.

It was an honour having you stay with us and I cannot be happier with the fact our hotel was a great fit to you. We are really proud of the excellent location of our hotel, thank you for appreciating it. I am really happy to know that both the tasty breakfast and our nice wellness fulfilled your expectations. We always try to grant all of our dear guests’ request and it is wonderful you experienced the same. Please accept my apologies for your inconveniences caused by the curtain, but I honestly hope that this issue has not affected your stay negatively.

Please do not hesitate to return as soon as it is possible.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 February 2018

How it is possible to always be happy in a business trip in Budapest, answer only one - Continental Hotel, friendly staffs, location-downtown, building architecture, the best breakfast I have had in Budapest.
All this on the basis of not one single stay, only a dozen or so.
Darek_sales manager

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank dnagly

Dear dnagly,

First of all, please let me thank you for your amazing review.

It is wonderful to read you decided to stay with us during your business trip to Budapest several times and we were always able to meet your expectations. I am beyond happy with the fact you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. Many thanks to you for praising both the location and the beautiful building of the hotel. We always try to serve a tasty and variable breakfast, I am glad you appreciated it.

I really do hope to welcome you back for another marvellous stay.

Best wishes,