All reviewsrooftop barbuda castlefree coffee machinechain bridge and danubebigger roombuda sidebalcony roomfamous chainmini baramazing hotelthe riverhop on hopperfect locationdanube viewbeautiful citymodern hotelnight stay
Reviewed 9 May 2018

Customer Service:
I must say the hotel accommodated our every request without fuss. They could not have done more. 5* service from the staff.

Location:
6 minute walk to the main city centre. We where lazy and got a taxi in which cost around £3.50. The hotel will call the taxi while you enjoy a drink at the bar.

View.
My room overlooked the river and was AMAZING.

Resturant:
First of all the breakfast. I think this is one of the best breakfast service I have had and i've stayed in 5* hotels around the world. Works out about the same if you include in you room but if you eat a lot then include it in your room.

The evening restaurant (same lo.cation as the breakfast) is amazing. From Steak to fish.... You wont be disappointed

The Room:
Started of in smaller room the upgraded to the top floor with a balcony. Both rooms where great but the top floor room (708) was amazing. I think I paid 215 euro a night for this room and it was worth every penny.

The rooms have a mini bar as standard and good size shower. All clean and looks new.

The hotel has only been open for 3 months.

Spa
Sauna & gym facilities.... I had a look but didn't use any. Reminds me of a nice home gym. Nothing fancy but does the job.

Overall:
6 of us stayed here and some are joining trip advisor just to leave feedback for this hotel.

To conclude Ive stayed in 5* hotels that don't live up to the standards of this hotel. If you are considering staying the book NOW.

Hope this helps....

Room Tip: Amazing views... 5* customer service.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank MrBLC1
Aliz S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Clark Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear "MrBLC1",

Thank you for this excellent review!

We were happy to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in our newly opened Hotel Clark and that you would choose to stay with us again.

It was a pleasure to learn from your detailed review that you found the location convenient and the rooms and facilites were to your liking as well. Most of all we are grateful for your compliments on the staff. We tray to do our best every day to make sure our guests have a flawless experience and it is great to receive acknowledgement like yours.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Since 1991, I’ve been a regular traveler to Budapest (business & pleasure). I’ve enjoyed the tourism growth of the city & I have stayed in many of the 5 and 4 Star Budapest hotels. In asking to speak to the manager, the reception asked that we Trip Advisor our stay. Here goes:
My recent stay (1st stay) at Hotel Clark was inspired by the rooftop bar & the Buda location. A friend had attended a recent rooftop event, so upon arrival, I inquired about the lift to the rooftop (to toast my husband’s birthday). I was told that it is not open to guests or the public- maybe by June or July. Rooftop bars (HardRock, President Hotel are two of the best) are the rage- the stunning buildings /landscape are best enjoyed from there.
Instead, we opted for lunch & catching up with the news but no international papers were available.
Upon arriving to the 5th floor, I immediately accessed my phone’s flashlight feature. Black carpets, black walls, black ceiling in a crescent shaped building feel more like an escape room maze than a hallway for travelers. Perhaps it’s easier to clean (can’t see the stains) but even the housekeeping staff needed to roll the cart near the elevator to seek light.
The room numbers are projected as a light to the floor but this was not helpful as we tried to find the card reader on the door handle to room 506.
The Pest view from the room is beautiful and the room was spacious but oddly empty of useful furniture. A minimal bench, placed by the picture window, was not inviting. With all this room, It could be a wonderful spot to place chairs and take in the view. Also missing: a desk, a night table and a soap dish in the shower. A business traveler will need to use the bed for work space? A lamp, 30x the size of a round bathroom shaving / makeup mirror, hovers above the bed. It’s on a stand, so unplugging it to get out of your way, may save you from whacking your head. Tucked up in bed but with no night table, I placed my phone, glass of water, book, travel journal, guide book and tv remote on the floor next to me.
Then there is the title of my review: the absence of a bathroom. Instead of a bathroom, frosted & clear glass (like a phone booth) partition the shower/ toilet from the rest of the room. Travelers should know each other well before staying here. In the shower, which is spacious, there is no place or wall holder for anything needed to shower. So when my husband asked why did he see me constantly bending over in the shower, I explained that the only place for my bar of soap, shampoo, conditioner, loofa sponge, and razor is the shower floor. Also, a face cloth is available only by special request & towel hooks are not near the shower thus require a wet walk across the bathroom to get your towel. This frosted-glass-wall- idea may be trendy but actually it comes across as cheap. The hotel brochure boasts other higher end rooms that have a claw-foot tub in front of the picture window! Exhibitionists- this is for you!
The hotel is located (steps away) from a VERY busy rotary but they have done a good job with sound-proofing. In the summer, this rotary is often closed off to rock concerts so accessing the odd front door may be challenging.
Even more concerning is how this hotel will fare when the Chain Bridge and neighboring tunnel are closed for a 3 year reconstruction? Most of the action is happening across the river in Pest & The Chain Bridge is the most direct way to access the other side of The Danube. Will the sight/sound of the Chain Bridge construction mar the view you’ve just paid for?
Will the noise prevent you from enjoying the rooftop bar (when it opens)?
The restaurant- bowls. Yes, bowls. The restaurant is into serving most food items in small earthen bowls. Fine when I enjoyed a delicious asparagus soup at lunch but truly ridiculous when my husband attempted to cut his French toast at breakfast. Coffee was not refilled & minuscule portions made feel like I was eating at a child’s tea party. The huge windows in the restaurant give you a front row seat to the rotary traffic outside & during our meals, I felt like I was back at the VIP area at Hungaroring for the F1 races. Oh- bring sun screen to breakfast- most tables are bathed in early morning sunlight & with no window shades, you feel the effects.
Finally, to open & to exit the main entrance door requires the knowledge & dexterity of solving the Rubik’s Cube. On entering guest will not find a doorman or an automatic door. Pulling a suitcase(s) with one or both hands requires the entering guest to manually pull the glass door open (if you can find the handle) or a departing guest may simply shove it forward with a foot.

Remember- if you stay here, bring your flashlight & sunscreen, don’t arrive hungry and perhaps sharing the shower will allow one of you to hold the soap.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Sylvike

Dear "Sylvike",

First and foremost let me thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review about your experience at Clark on our Tripadvisor page.

I was happy to learn from your feedback that you have enjoyed the magnificent view from your room. It is our aim to create a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere for each and every guest of ours - I regret to learn from your review that we could not live up to all expectations this time. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience these may have caused you and let me take this opportunity to encourage our future guests as well to turn to us for assistance whenever their experience does not meet their expectations.

I hope that in spite of your mixed experience we will have the opportunity of welcoming you to Clark once again!

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

An amazing address in a wonderful and energised city.
Hotel is very comfortable...as one enters you are greated with an amazing perfumed aroma.....
The room is extremely comfortable...with the bathroom sink positioned in the room...which at first does raise an eyebrow...but actually is very functional.
The bed is amazing...and the decor very different...and is what I would expect from a boutique type hotel.
Would definitely stay there again...when in Budapest.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Aliz S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Clark Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear "Myron E",

Let me thank you for your wonderful words of praise and for sharing your experiences about your recent stay in Clark.

It makes me proud to read your comments about our lovely city and I am glad you enjoyed many aspects of our hotel.

We hope you will not hesitate to choose us again should you visit Budapest in the future.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

Lobby bar is decent, great cocktails, good wine and beer, the hotel itself has a great service.

I just wished the bar was longer opened than 1am, also a great restaurant inside and a nice view on Budapest.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear "tmuc",

Thank you for this great review!

It was great to read that you branded us as you favourite hotel! We thank you for choosing us as your home away from home for your Budapest visit and hope to see you again in Clark if your return to our capital in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

New hotel for us in budapest, it is located just on a busy round about in the center so
not simple for parking, but they have a garaze but our car was too big for it so we ended up in another garaze close by.
The hotel has a urban deco, quite dark but modern. Room is big, we had a great view on sixth floor, great design, nice rainshower, bed is quite hard and the sheets could be better. Nespresso in room,
Wifi is good. Lobby bar is decent, great coctails, good wine and beer, idea for hotel could add some peanuts or similar with the drinks. Breakfast is not the buffet type but you order it and you have ala carte. We had the fit version which was quite good, comes with capuccino, fresh orange juice, some pastries, poached egg on rice which was excellent, berries & fruit, fruit yogurt with some cerials so quite enough and served very nice. Hotel was just under 200 euro including breakfast for two.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear "zdaati",

Thank you for choosing our Hotel Clark for your recent stay in Budapest!

I was glad to learn from your generous and detailed review that you had a truly enjoyable stay with us. I am glad that the breakfast was to your taste and you found the view from the room amazing.

We sincerely hope to be able to welcome you back in Clark in the future!