All reviews nice hotel one night business trip rooms are large free parking city centre toothbrush precious breakfast slovenia outskirts tv taxi bridge europe
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Whenever I am in Maribor, this is my hotel of choice. The staff is one of the friendliest I have encountered, the rooms are spacious and clean, the breakfast is to die for and it is very close to the center in a quiet part of the city.

I would warmly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Maribor - be it for business or pleasure!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katarina L
Reviewed 24 April 2018

During my visit to Maribor, Slovenia over the weekend I had the pleasure of staying in one of the city’s finer hotels. Hotel Betnava is a modern and impressive 4-star hotel and wellness centre, located 5 minutes from the city centre by car. One of my favourite things about Slovenia is Slovenian people and I share with confidence that I believe they are much friendlier than Croatian people and the reception staff at Hotel Betnava were no exception to my theory. I enjoy hotels where the interaction is not “too fussy” or difficult because in reality it shouldn’t be and I just loved the way the staff communicated in a professional and friendly way.

A double room with king bed may seem as a little excessive for a single person but for me, it’s just the right amount of space. This ‘boutique‘ style room also comes with a fully functional mini bar, executive desk, TV, wardrobe space and two large mirrors, perfect for those mirror selfies. Yes, the bed was very comfortable and had me hitting the snooze button, once.

We are all aware that AK over here is always impressed with a room with her favourite word beginning with s…. space.
What about the bathroom? The bathroom had enough space for me to turn without hitting my elbows, so it passed my test. This may seem silly to you if you’re a first time reader but I am quite fussy about bathrooms because they often seem to be quite small in Europe. The bathroom at Hotel Betnava was very clean and the shower had fantastic water pressure, maybe too high if that’s even possible. It also came with basic travel necessities such as a tooth brush kit, sewing kit, and shower cap, to name a few. If you don’t like to travel with body wash, shampoo and conditioner, Hotel Betnava has you covered with a combined 3 in 1 gel at your disposal. I’m not generally a big fan of these to use in my hair because I need conditioner to revive my poor hair however, for other people it’s perfectly fine.

Breakfast is included in the price when you stay at Hotel Betnava.

Hotel Betnava is located in the southern outskirts of Maribor city or “other side of the bridge” and city centre, this was convenient for me because I had a meeting to attend the following day 5 minutes away from the hotel. From the city centre it shouldn’t cost more than 8€ by taxi but if it’s a nice day, I encourage you to walk down the main road where you will find yourself on Titova Most (Tito Bridge), which overlooks the stunningly lit up, Glavni Most (Main Bridge) in the evening. This shouldn’t take you more than 25-30 minutes.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

A smile and a warm welcome at the reception. A fine room with a very good bed and a wonderful breakfast in the morning. Outside the city centre but close enough to what Maribor has to offer. I can highly recommend the Betnava and I keep coming back already for several years.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel for 3 days. Staff extremly friendly and helpful. We had our dog with us which was no problem, we even got a wellcome snack for him. In the time of our stay one of us had birthday and they put a fruit a basket in our room for a present which is a gesture we have never expirienced before. Free parking on site and delicious breakfast. Totaly recomended if u are traveling to Maribor.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rok S
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Outstanding staff and service, great rooms, unbelievably comfortable beds, excellent food (breakfast is "to die for")...
Without a doubt, the service in this hotel was beyond anything I could possibly have wished for.
Their staff is tremendous, I felt like royalty.
Overall: the comfort, service, hospitality and food make this hotel a perfect choice.
I highly recommend it!